Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 351 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,557 Posts
No matter who makes it I'll bet it will have the Walther roll mark!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Interesting.
The new pistol is a polymer frame, hammer fired handgun. Right now we have limited information on the new gun, but here are some of the things we know.
I do come across quite a few people on other forums who wish certain striker pistols came in hammer-fired. So, there is a market.

But, it doesn't look like there is a decocker or safety on it. I'd think those would be a natural addition.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Walther's attempt to make a splash in the american market while making the move?

Take down bar similar to XDm, push button mag release, smaller slide release. No "dingus" on the trigger, and like Moeb said, anywhere else

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The new PPX is said to have a consistant trigger pull, suggesting a DAO (double action only) gun. The gun is not a striker fired pistol: it is hammer fired.
If it is DAO, then there will not be a decocker.

I don't see this coming out of Ulm though. With the variants of the P99 pistols, and the PPS and PPQ, I don't see a reason for this thing to exist.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If it is DAO, then there will not be a decocker.

I don't see this coming out of Ulm though. With the variants of the P99 pistols, and the PPS and PPQ, I don't see a reason for this thing to exist.
It is a new Walther that none of us own. Most likely some of us will buy it.:)

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Understand the reasoning, Moeb, but based off their history I'd say probably not.

But....

While they transition from S&W, perhaps this move is looking to establish something appealing to us big bore slingin' yankees..??

·
Registered
646 Posts
If come in a 45acp, I am in.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Interesting... That's a pleasant surprise. A new gun from Walther! My guess is a .45. Disappointing to see a mag button.

Announcement thus weekend? I'm watching!

·
Premium Member
13,559 Posts
Interesting... That's a pleasant surprise. A new gun from Walther! My guess is a .45. Disappointing to see a mag button.

Announcement thus weekend? I'm watching!
I agree about the mag button.....I really do like the paddle. If they can make the DOA trigger pull as smooth as my Sigs, then they may really have something. As for a 45, that just doesn't tweak my interest....I'll stick with my 9mm and carry more rounds.

I wonder if this is geared toward Law Enforcement?

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That grip looks too short front-to-back to be a 45, and the third picture gives a glimpse as to how big the muzzle end of the barrel is.

My guess is it's either a .380 or a 9mm.

I'm not interested either way. If this is a Walther product, I don't see what it offers over the 99-series pistols or the PPS, and if it is an Umarex product, I'm staying away from it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
imaoldfart: I am certainly no expert but it would seem the PPQ is the gun intended to fit the law enforcement niche as the first letter in "PPQ" stands for "POLICE". That is what I would surmise anyway with my low level of handgun knowledge.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't get it. Can understand the mag release but that's it. A DAO hammer fired gun? What's the selling point? "All the distraction of the hammer from your sight picture without the lighter trigger." I must be missing something.

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts
I must say I agree with those above who noted that having a hammer-fired weapon without a single-action trigger is just too silly to even contemplate. What's the point?

1 - 20 of 351 Posts