Walther Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Don't buy more expensive ammo just to make the gun work with a silly attachment on the front (BRAKE, nor BREAK).

The weapon works without the silly muzzle brake, perhaps you should run it in that configuration. As to exactly _why_ your muzzle brake doesn't work, I have no idea, although it might be obvious with weapon in hand.
It could be throwing off balance
You could just be lousy at recoil control with a handgun
It could be interfering with proper position of the barrel while in battery

I'm just guessing, you don't provide much detail beyond "malfunction"
Dave makes a good point! When you attach or add a compensator (muzzle brake) to a piece it tends to pull some of the gas pressure away from the recoiling mechanism. It diverts the pressure in the ports thus lessening the recoil. And also may also be alternating the the barrels ability to raise during the cycling processes well. Dale

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Dave makes a good point! When you attach or add a compensator (muzzle brake) to a piece it tends to pull some of the gas pressure away from the recoiling mechanism. It diverts the pressure in the ports thus lessening the recoil. And also may also be alternating the the barrels ability to raise during the cycling processes well. Dale
I tried real hard to understand this...

M

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I wonder if you need to match a lighter recoil spring to that brake

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
[...] malfunction. [...] Hmmm well what would a silencer do then? [...]
Same thing. Any weight added to barrel or slide makes things worse.
BUT: A silencer designed for use on a semi auto pistol will increase felt recoil :eek: because it got an built in "recoil enhancer" to make the slide cycle.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
So now that the hole has been drilled so it's bigger than the bullet how's the gun working?
As for the malfunction: My guess is the bullet crashing into the compensator pushed the barrel forward when it should be recoiling back to unlock from the slide. That would probably interfere with the timing a bit. In any case the suggestion to go with +P probably wouldn't have helped... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Point taken, Although I still am curious as to why they have a threaded barrel model? Is it really just for suckers like me? or will people actually suppress this weapon, and if so I wonder if it will still have the same malfunction.

FYI..the thread cap that comes with the weapon will spin off and go flying down the range with firing if you don't apply locktight.
Just shoot without the cap...it’s what I do on my Q4 TAC that also has a threaded barrel.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I've got an older Gemtech suppressor and purchased my [first] PPX for the purpose of being an inexpensive suppressor platform. Works like a charm - always has.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts