Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a Walther PPS .40, and very pleased with it. Want to get another CCW in 9MM, but not sure whether to get another PPS or look at the P99 AS (much harder to find). Interested in experience of others pls. Thx

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
You can't go wrong with either one. That said, I carry my PPS more than my P99c. Both 9mm. The c of course is the AS. If it were the QA trigger I'd probably use it as my EDC. I have a need to completely decock and think having to eject a cartridge in order to make the gun unfirable is asinine.

Nightstand duty, if you will..

I also have youngsters, and it's much harder to rack the slide than squeeze the trigger, not that I leave my stuff out unattended. Just the point that they're NOT able to rack the slide, they ARE able to squeeze the trigger. My oldest enjoys my 9mm PPQ. Wants the .22 version soon :)

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I have a PPS M2 9mm and P99c 9mm. I prefer the P99c but still carry my PPS at times when I want to carry slim and light. I believe right now it's much easier to find .40 versions of the P99c and P99. Eventually a batch of 9mms will arrive and go not too long after.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I have the P99AS (my main carry weapon), P99c, and PPS - all in 9mm and all with paddles. I carry the PPS when I need more concealment and a slimmer profile. When I can carry full size the P99AS is a great weapon. I'm still trying to figure out the P99c's role for me, although I definitely do not regret picking one up at $339!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've owned a PPQ M1 for several years now and really like it, but it's a bit large for concealed carry. I like the single stack handguns for CCW purposes, and find that the 3.2 or 3.3 inch barrel is easier for me to conceal than a 4 inch barrel. Haven't tried the VP 9 yet, but hear it's an outstanding weapon as well, but again, a bit too big for CCW for me. May just wait till the new CCW model hits the street to broaden my options.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I carry a P99c in 9mm religiously. That being said, I am looking at acquiring an M1 PPS for thinner, lighter carry that accommodates easier concealment with formal attire.

Like all other have mentioned, either pistol are solid, both will perform. It largely comes down to preference.

If I could, I would carry my 99c all the time (and I can). However, there is a time and a place for thinner concealment, hence wanting the PPS.

Long story short, of it has paddles, I want it...

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
I've owned a PPQ M1 for several years now and really like it, but it's a bit large for concealed carry. I like the single stack handguns for CCW purposes, and find that the 3.2 or 3.3 inch barrel is easier for me to conceal than a 4 inch barrel. Haven't tried the VP 9 yet, but hear it's an outstanding weapon as well, but again, a bit too big for CCW for me. May just wait till the new CCW model hits the street to broaden my options.
There's also the VP9sk...

I really wish Walther would make the PPQc with paddles....

Or a SAO P99c with the decocker...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts