Walther Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a PPS M2 and I am looking to add a Crimson Trace LG-482G GREEN LASERGUARD®
My question is to anyone who already has this configuration, can you use the same holster that you already own? It seems that it may not change the profile, but I needed an answer from someone who knows for sure. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
15,040 Posts
My question is to anyone who already has this configuration, can you use the same holster that you already own?

OK, I have to admit, I do not own a PPS M2. But, I can assure you the answer to your question is NO. Unless you've got a holster made of spandex.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just looked at the picture again and you are right. The channel would be way off. Now I have to see who would make a holster for this whenever it comes out. The laser is marked as 'coming soon'. My bad. It's heck being an early adopter.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes I am waiting patiently for this also! They must be waiting for enough orders to make it worth the effort!? lol! I just bought a new M&P Bodyguard 380 with theIntegrated Crimson Trace Green Laserguard system with the front grip activation, I love it! I'm sure it will like it even better on my PPS M2!

·
Registered
201 Posts
LaserLyte has also announced a model for the PPS M2...

It is a red laser (I would prefer green) but it does come with a second body that you can then attach to a Q or some other rail gun... It activates with a button rather than the grip but it is less than half the cost of the red laser from Crimson Trace...

At this point, not sure what I will do... Nice to have options though...

LaserLyte ? Sight TGL Walther PPS M2

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow that is cheap, and they give a availability date! It says it will be available Jan 2017.
Thanks for the info!

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm surprised to see both of these laser options mounting to the curved area on the bottom of the PPS M2 frame. I thought Walther may have made that small straight cut into the polymer frame on the front just below the slide for a laser to clip onto, but if so, it doesn't look like the laser mfgs are using it. What do you suppose is the purpose of that cut line? Aesthetics only? Doesn't seem likely.

Salty

·
Registered
777 Posts
can you use the same holster that you already own? It seems that it may not change the profile,
I don't see how. See the dark part of the image. Your holster won't work. It definitely DOES change the profile under the muzzle area in front of the trigger guard.

·
Registered
777 Posts
LaserLyte has also announced a model for the PPS M2...
Perhaps so but that item will need the same accommodation as Crimson Trace AND will not turn on automatically. You will have to turn it on manually unlike the CT or Viridian which will turn on when you grip it or it clears the holster, respectively.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Perhaps so but that item will need the same accommodation as Crimson Trace AND will not turn on automatically. You will have to turn it on manually unlike the CT or Viridian which will turn on when you grip it or it clears the holster, respectively.
This is the reason why I am holding out for the Crimson Trace.

·
Registered
201 Posts
What do you suppose is the purpose of that cut line? Aesthetics only? Doesn't seem likely
I am afraid it is just that, form over function... I believe it is too high to be useful for any kind of accessory mount, using that small cut line would add a lot of extra material for anything under the frame...

·
Registered
201 Posts
will not turn on automatically
Completely agree, but for some, the 2x (RED) or 3x (GREEN) price difference may not be worth it... Nice to have options from the aftermarket...

·
Registered
777 Posts
Somehow my green Viridian seems to make things more visible in the dark than red CT. Wonder what the green CT will look like.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Somehow my green Viridian seems to make things more visible in the dark than red CT. Wonder what the green CT will look like.
Viridian has a nice explanation as to why green appears more visible than red to the human eye... I believe both lasers are the same output, but we humans can simply see green better...

Why Green Gun Lasers, gun laser, Laser Sights for Glock, Ruger Laser, Laser Sight, Viridian Green Laser Sights | Fits Glock, Springfield XD, Walther, Sig

I love my Viridian X5L on my PPQ, hopefully they get into the PPS M2 support as well...

·
Registered
777 Posts
But has anyone compared CT red to CT green so we have an apples to apples comparison?

Also, the PPQ has a rail. The PPS M2 does NOT which makes generic fitting different and more difficult so they have to sell enough to justify the R&D.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Completely agree, but for some, the 2x (RED) or 3x (GREEN) price difference may not be worth it... Nice to have options from the aftermarket...
They are expensive! Especially the Crimson Trace brand, but worth the extra money. Imo! They come with free batteries for life also!

The green is amazing, definitely easier to see, especially on a bright or sunny day!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Not sure of the need for a laser sight. You should focus on the front sight for best accuracy and shooting quickly. Not a red dot.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Not sure of the need for a laser sight. You should focus on the front sight for best accuracy and shooting quickly. Not a red dot.
In the bright light, I doubt it matters. In the dark, target acquisition is much faster when I tried it with and without the laser. It lights up the target but not so much like a flashlight that could make it hard to see for an instant, IMO.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts