Walther Forums banner

41 - 60 of 440 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used Internet Explorer finally and disabled popup blocker under the "Tools" tab and that allowed me to download the shipping label. Had to try 4 times submitting the recall info to get there tho.

6 to 8 weeks?? This is gonna suck...

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Q) When is the ONLY time to consider returning a firearm for "drop safety" issue?

A) a),When the trigger SUCKS. Or b) You don't mind the acceptable trigger being ruined.

A side note! If you beat your firearms with hammers, or drop them regularly, stop collecting them, and sell the ones you own.

Take up a "safe" hobby.

Don't agree? Shoot a NYPD issued "safe" Glock, these are advertised to have a 5.5 lb trigger. What do the NYPD armorers who test/approve before issue for service ACTUALLY see? ~7.5 lbs.

·
Registered
196 Posts
yep...access and processing from the recall site required pop-up blocker disabled for "that " site and "cookies" enables for that site.

Printing.....they have it in "landscape" . . . . why ???
switch to Portrait and it will print the whole page correctly.
Print the label, so you have 3 labels (or print one and make 2 more copies!)
1 label YOU to keep
1 label in the walther box with pistol
1 for FEDEX to attach to their box

Other issues.....
remove mods......yep, except sights, they will not test a modded pistol. (grip tape is not a mod)

Use the original plastic walther box it came in. (or reasonable likeness) remove everything from it.
unload pistol, check chamber!, ONLY the pistol goes back, no mags or ammo, or lock.

Take the walther plastic box, with only pistol & 1 label in it, and 1 label for ship box to local FEDEX drop off center.
They will give you a "medium box" free, put the walther case in med. box and seal. Take to counter with your 1 label
GET A RECEIPT ! ! ! ! (attach that receipt to your 1 label at home)

go home . . . . :)

I did notice this morning the recall site has REMOVED the 6 to 8 week wait,
it now says "it will be returned as soon as possible"

·
Registered
62 Posts
Great. I tried google Chrome, Netscape and Bing. Still can't get the page to print the label. Google says something about server error; Bing and Netscape say an email has been sent to my email. It doesn't say squat or give access to the label. Oh, well, maybe next week. And my Ad Blockers have been disabled.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Great. I tried google Chrome, Netscape and Bing. Still can't get the page to print the label. Google says something about server error; Bing and Netscape say an email has been sent to my email. It doesn't say squat or give access to the label. Oh, well, maybe next week. And my Ad Blockers have been disabled.

FINELY That was tougher then getting Hillary to admit she lost fair and square

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Print the label, so you have 3 labels (or print one and make 2 more copies!)
1 label YOU to keep
1 label in the walther box with pistol
1 for FEDEX to attach to their box

Walther's email states the following:

"Please print out this email and include it (inside the box) with your PPS M2 you are returning for repair."

Nothing said about including the label inside the box.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Walther's email states the following:

"Please print out this email and include it (inside the box) with your PPS M2 you are returning for repair."

Nothing said about including the label inside the box.
IF you look at the printed label page !!!! . . . . . . it has all the detail needed.
The email notification you received DOES not say copy and include ! :eek: It references a hot link to complete the questionaire.

Again the EMAIL notification "does not say print me and include" !! It gives you a hot link to go to the information
At the recall page shipping checklist it says "retain shipping information" which is the label !
It doesn't say anywhere to include anything in box. This I got from calling them to which the CSR said, It wouldn't hurt
to provide a copy of the shipper that also has your information in the box.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Y'all may want to check your pistol for function before sending to Fort Smith. Not all in S/N range may have a problem...mine did not.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have an recalled PPS M2 so sending it back. That will be an hour or more commitment. Already having problems as the Fedex label didn't appear, and the page closed. And my printer ran out of ink so I need to get more ink before I can print anything. GRRRRRR.....

I'm so dog-gone sick and tired of gun recalls. Each of which is a massive hassle and some even a loss of money. I've suffered thru Taurus drop safe issue (lost more than 1/2 value on two guns), sent in and got fixed an FN FNS (trigger issue), sent in and got fixed a MSAR, and I think there's been a couple more. And now this. It gets tiresome.

I am glad Walther is doing the right thing and getting ahead of this. Some companies throw in a free magazine for the effort. Let's hope Walther does something nice like that for those of us wasting our morning jumping thru recall hoops.

Also, while they are at it, lets hope they address or this fixed the peening issue some folks experience. I wonder if this is related.

·
Registered
4 Posts
PPS M2 Recall

It is great that Walther is proactively taking care of this recall. Unfortunately, mine is my EDC and the instructions state that the “upgrade” will take 6 to 8 weeks. This is disappointing. Also, upon printing the email and the return label my address does not print even though it is completed in the form. Thank you for posting the alert!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Y'all may want to check your pistol for function before sending to Fort Smith. Not all in S/N range may have a problem...mine did not.
This is terrible advice. Please don't follow it. If you have a recalled gun send it in.

The anguish of a preventable ND/AD if it hurts someone or otherwise would be devastating, and the criminal and civil liability could be ruinous.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Not advice, lead council, just facts. Check and see if your trigger blade safety is malfunctioning. Mine is not. Yours may be a problem. If so send in Godspeed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have one on recall also but I registered on the computer and they said I would get the Fedex label in a pop up, I can not enable any pop ups on my Mac with the new operating system, I have look around and can not figure a way to do it, so I guess I will call Monday

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well sent mine in but I didn't remove the RMSc. I figured it came to me with it installed and I didn't want to remove it. Hopefully that isn't an issue.

If you are using Google Chrome, to disable the popup blocker you need to click on the icon in the URL window in the right hand corner.

Once I get mine back it will go up for sale.

·
Registered
196 Posts
If yours is in the recall range, curious, how did you test . . . for a drop malfunction? :confused:

Yours did not ? ? . . . . did they send you the specs on all parts affected for you to test and measure?
pin sizes, spring tensions, travel distance, part dimensions, source marks. How much impact force
is this to guard against ?

Pain in the ass..........sure ! But at least someone notified you of a "potential" deadly issue, the repair is basically FREE.
Appliance recalls . . . .
Automobile recalls . . .
Heart valve recalls. . .
Food recall . . . . . . . .
AND the list goes on . . . if you recall :) Hey how about the dancing FBI agent ! His pistol falls out and hits the floor . . .
someone got hit ! ! are you a FED ? ? ?

41 - 60 of 440 Posts