Walther Forums banner

381 - 400 of 440 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
My wife's cooking gives me a perspective that no matter how bad my day is, majority of the people in a less developed country are eating better than I am right now....:)
Walther, don't send me decals, send me mre's or clean dirt!
Laugh people laugh!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I sent my PPS M2 LE out on Nov 30th and received it back on Dec 14th.

There are some light scratches and sticker residue on the exterior of the case. I'm more annoyed with the interior of the case... there is one big ugly dent in the foam caused by the little red barrel plug. The back of the PPS slide also cut slightly into the foam. Also, I noticed one deep scratch/dent in the plastic wall above the cable lock cutout.

I noticed the new dot in the magazine well indicating the repair has been completed. The trigger used to be really gritty but it is way smoother now. I think the trigger weight is less now, but that may be because it feels smoother. I can't tell if the trigger reset is shorter or longer than before. The reset occurs when the cocking indicator pokes out the same length compared to my PPS classic.

In summary, I'm not happy with the cosmetic damage done to the case but I'm happy with the smooth trigger. I haven't test fired it since receiving it back and will post an update if there are any issues.

On a side note, I've only shot about 400 rounds total and no peening yet.

Wow. Really? It's just a case. :eek:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've been to 3rd world countries... In Peru children ran around the streets naked without enough to eat, and I used a small village "toilet" which was a hole in the ground in a makeshift shed without a door. In Iraq, the locals would guard the roads in yellow construction vests we gave them, and we paid the $3 per day, to watch for terrorists planting IEDs. There, the children were lucky to eat that day, and clean water was a luxury. I spent time in India, where the streets were filled with homeless families cooking over open flames, bathing from trash cans filled with rain water, and cooking over open flames on the sidewalks. I remember seeing naked vagrant families by the dozens on the sidewalks.

But - a scratched $5 pistol case and a dent in the foam. I have heard it all...:eek: The suffering... :rolleyes:
That's a bit of an extreme comparison, even for a lawyer, but I get your point.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I looked for the dot after getting it back. I had to wipe dust to see it. It's that tiny. Is everyone else's that small?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Why did you decide to send the case in for the recall?
I just wrapped in bubble wrap and shoved it in a box. It came back in a cardboard box lined with foam.
I sent the walther case in because the instructions in the email asked for it. In hindsight, yes i should have just used a random cardboard box :/

I've been to 3rd world countries... In Peru children ran around the streets naked without enough to eat, and I used a small village "toilet" which was a hole in the ground in a makeshift shed without a door. In Iraq, the locals would guard the roads in yellow construction vests we gave them, and we paid the $3 per day, to watch for terrorists planting IEDs. There, the children were lucky to eat that day, and clean water was a luxury. I spent time in India, where the streets were filled with homeless families cooking over open flames, bathing from trash cans filled with rain water, and cooking over open flames on the sidewalks. I remember seeing naked vagrant families by the dozens on the sidewalks.

But - a scratched $5 pistol case and a dent in the foam. I have heard it all...:eek: The suffering... :rolleyes:
i just like to keep my things in immaculate condition, especially items that i value and there's nothing wrong with that. there were other prior posts that also complained about the foam in the case being torn so i thought i'd share my experience too.

by your logic, americans cant ever be upset with anything because there's always someone from a ****hole country who has it worse.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I sent the walther case in because the instructions in the email asked for it. In hindsight, yes i should have just used a random cardboard box :/
Fair enough.
The instructions I received did not.
With all of the don't send this or that, I got the impression all they wanted was the pistol and nothing else. Like they would not be responsible for any other items.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I used the case and a medium Fedex box as instructed. My case came back just finw. Nothing was in it but the foam and the gun. I would imagine you could get a new case from Walther for a few bucks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My case's bottom foam got chewed up by the empty chamber flag they put in. Otherwise the case is fine. Also slightly annoyed by the chewed spot in the foam.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This post is a bit delayed, but...

My PPS arrived 7 days after I dropped it off (I picked it up on day 8 from the Fedex facility).

My pistol does have a dot in the mag well, but it is hard to see. As someone mentioned above, about the size of a #2 pencil tip.

It seems that the trigger is a bit grittier, has a slightly longer reset and length of travel, and is slightly heavier. Now, I'm sure the original trigger in mine lightened up with use. I think the trigger dingus might be slightly wider than the original one. None of these things seemed to matter one bit when I dry fired the gun at real speed. I couldn't really notice them and I highly doubt any of these minor differences will translate to real world changes when I finally get the chance to go to the range.

The other thing I noticed is, I think they may have cleaned or dried the internals a bit. I like to keep my guns very well lubricated and I think (though I'm not 100% certain) it came back a bit drier than it left. Not enough to matter.

Oh, I also had a dent and tearing in the foam case from the barrel plug. I couldn't care less. Things like that are not worth getting upset over. If someone thinks so, then such a person should be thankful they are blessed with no *real* problems in life.

·
Registered
196 Posts

i just like to keep my things in immaculate condition, especially items that i value and there's nothing wrong with that. there were other prior posts that also complained about the foam in the case being torn so i thought i'd share my experience too.

by your logic, americans cant ever be upset with anything because there's always someone from a ****hole country who has it worse.

SO . . . . IF there was any damage to gun or case !
DID you file a claim with carrier and or notify Walther of same.
Even IF it is just a case . . . . . . . IT WAS DAMAGED ! ! !
the contents were insured, to include case, not just the gun.
Share your experience with those that can make it right ! :D shipper / Walther

yeah . . . been there.
Case damaged on Winchester Model 70 going back for warranty
Case damaged on Smith & Wesson Model CS45 going back for finish repair.
( neither was original case, both GOOD aftermarket quality ) . . . . . both replaced by shipper insurance !

·
Registered
78 Posts
Awful lot of consternation and judgement over someone's comment about an annoyance.
I would not like my case damaged either.
And that's OK.
I don't see all the need to criticize someone over a post about it. Seems like more of a petty waste of time than the post about the case.
As far as judging someone for being annoyed about something because life sucks for someone else...I think that's wrong and self righteous.
I've investigated fatalities with dismembered children and seen a woman plunge a kitchen knife into her husband's neck and more.
I still get annoyed at door dings, chewing gum on my shoe, etc.
Guess I'm not a saint and still a lowly asshole.
Shine on.

·
Registered
119 Posts
SO . . . . IF there was any damage to gun or case !
DID you file a claim with carrier and or notify Walther of same.
Even IF it is just a case . . . . . . . IT WAS DAMAGED ! ! !
the contents were insured, to include case, not just the gun.
Share you experience with those that can make it right ! :D

yeah . . . been there.
So if you were to file a claim with the carrier, what dollar amount would you ask for on the damaged case, or torn foam? There's a vendor at the local gun show who sells me brand new Glock cases for $5. GARY

·
Registered
196 Posts
So if you were to file a claim with the carrier, what dollar amount would you ask for on the damaged case, or torn foam? These's a vendor at the local gun show who sells me brand new Glock cases for $5. GARY
The pistol (walther PPS m2 ) has a plastic case ... if that is the one that got damaged. You go to Walther web site and get the price.
Or Call CS and make them aware immediately, and get info & $ on case from them.
Garroonteee . . . its not $5

And you get with the shipper . . . "immediately" to file claim (take pixzzz) and price on new.
(and you try everything you can to Xfer ID tags on case to new one, it does affect the value / presentation when and if you sell ! )

PIA . . . . yep

·
Registered
417 Posts
This may have been asked, i have searched for it but could not find it.

What exactly are they doing on these recalls? What are they replacing or fixing?

im fixing to send mine off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This may have been asked, i have searched for it but could not find it.

What exactly are they doing on these recalls? What are they replacing or fixing?

im fixing to send mine off.

Something in the trigger group to prevent it from going off with a chambered round if accidentally dropped.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Man, they were fast!

Just another data point: I had hoped I was sending it in after the tidal wave of returns.

Had all the issues others reported on getting the label to show up to be printed. Really stupid approach on Walther's part.

Mailed on Saturday from Seattle, received email notice of their receiving it on Wed., Thursday got a phone message from FEDEX for delivery on Friday, delivered Friday.

No comments on trigger quality, as I'm not that skookum. I did buy a cheap trigger gauge while it was off being repaired so no before/after, and it's saying around 5.5 lbs.

My case foam had minor damage. Shouldn't a gun case always be designed so that the gun is positioned with the ejection port up, so the safety device projects into the soft lid foam? Well, I don't care about it...That's all I got.....

381 - 400 of 440 Posts