Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 440 Posts

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Not drop safe is a serious issue. All dropping is is a shock to the pistol. The same shock can happen from banging the pistol into something...edge of a desk, truck door, etc...I can see no excuse for not sending the pistol in for repair.
I agree with everything here.

Everyone should be sending the pistol back if they have one that is effected. Safety should be paramount, before trigger quality or anything else. If the fix is simply changing the tab on the drop safety on the trigger, I'm wondering where this trigger pull quality hesitation is coming from.

·
Registered
22 Posts
1917-1911M, Decent point. Especially if someone carries their pistol pointed at their, well, you know what I mean. I have never understood that practice. In my opinion, it violates one of the primary gun safety rules: Never point your weapon at anything that you are not willing to destroy.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Can anyone tell yet just what the "fix" is? If it's just replacing a part with an updated one instead of the hassle of sending it in and not getting it back for six to eight weeks, I'll just swap the part out myself.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've got the label, that part was easy.
Tomorrow I'll get the FedEx box.

From the wording on the web page, I get the problem is the trigger dingus.
Glock calls it a "trigger safety", but it's actually a "drop safety".

Mine seems to function correctly.
I don't see how it could fire on drop.

But, maybe they are changeing some other parts also.

Hope it works the same when it comes back.
Maybe I'll carry my Colt Model 1917, you can't pull that DA trigger by accident.
I know you're on this thread 1917-1911M. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I checked my recall gun against my no recall very carefully on the engagement on the trigger safety doohicky. They look to be exact and seem to have the same amount of engagement before allowing the trigger to move. Similar side play etc. I don't know the difference, unless there's something internal going on.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I checked my recall gun against my no recall very carefully on the engagement on the trigger safety doohicky. They look to be exact and seem to have the same amount of engagement before allowing the trigger to move. Similar side play etc. I don't know the difference, unless there's something internal going on.
As I reported Marcus stated that the issue is related to the M1 safety and pin being used in the M2. That suggests the design or machining of the M2 frame is different? Was the M1 recalled for a drop safety issue?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine's going back. AS. Guess my holster project will have to wait until after the holidays. And my Kydex just arrived today !!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I can't seem to win with the PPS M2 RMSc

Had sight issues and now that I just got it running I get the recall.

It won't be replacing my Shield M&P 9 as EDC this year.

·
Registered
26 Posts
For those that can't print the Fed Ex label, just make sure your pop up blocker is disabled in your browser. That's why you get the error message.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've tried to download the FedEx shipping label yesterday. Didn't work. Got an email this AM saying try it again. Still doesn't work. What to do?

·
Registered
10 Posts
How long after submitting the online form did it take to receive the email with the Fedex label? I received an instruction email immediately.
Yeah, I've filled out the online form twice now trying to get to the part where you print out the shipping label and same thing happened each time...as soon as I hit submit on the form, the browser jumped to some wufoo.com page about building forms. Never saw any way to print the fedex label.

·
Registered
62 Posts
21 - 40 of 440 Posts