Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Last week I purchased a Walther PPS M2.* So far I shot a total of 100 rounds through it.* After cleaning my Walther PPS M2 I noticed there was a peening mark on the right side of the barrel near the feed ramp.* Is this normal? *Is this going to damage my gun? Will I need to sent it out to Walther for repair?

Thanks

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hello,

Last week I purchased a Walther PPS M2.* So far I shot a total of 100 rounds through it.* After cleaning my Walther PPS M2 I noticed there was a peening mark on the right side of the barrel near the feed ramp.* Is this normal? *Is this going to damage my gun? Will I need to sent it out to Walther for repair?

Thanks
Mine did this too, as do many. I called Walther; sent them pictures, and was told it is normal. This was on 7/25/19. The wear is caused by the trigger bar hitting the barrel in that exact spot during the firing cycle. It will only wear so much then stop. The problem is caused because the trigger bar is not held tight inside the frame but can drift inward , allowing it to strike the edge of the barrel. I was assured it would not cause a problem. I’m just not going to worry about it anymore as the gun functions flawlessly with well over 1,500 rounds so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts