Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
I highly doubt it.... but can not be certain
the only gun made by FEG that I know of was the PPK/E that quickly was droped by Carl Walther LLC (I am not sure about the detailed timeframe of manufacture and importation but it is listed in the 2000 Walther catalog, I don't have 1998/99 and 2001)
Earl had imported some back in the day but quickly stoped too, as he says they were nothing but junk......
I didn't know till just recent that the PPK/E came in .22lr, .32 and .380 interesting enough the .22lr and .32 both only held 8+1 rounds and the .380 was a 7+1 mag

The other guns Walther sells that are not Walther made are the P22, G22 and the new SP22...... these are Umarex products......
I am still hoping to get a factory tour this summer when I go back to my parents house....

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope that they are not made by FEG either. Cosmetically, they would not be up to Walther standards. Mechanically.....well, probably better than S&W.

Btw, when you visit the factory, please bring photos of their 9x18 collection. And also kindly ask if they have any info on the original 9x18 Ultra cartridge. Never know if they might have something lying around.

I hope you have a great time back in Germany.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a FEG PMK .380 - a reliable, accurate pistol. It was a PP clone. Workmanship was quite good for an inexpensive handgun.

Market value on them is poor but as a small defense gun it's quite acceptable - particularly because cost of ownership is low.

Now, when I recently bought my Walther PPK I sold the PMK, but only because the Walther filled that particular niche for me - over the twenty years I owned the PMK I never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've owned a couple of them. In .380 and 9x18M. Never a glitch, no jams, no malfunctions. That seems to be the general consensus.

However in one, either the barrel was misaligned or the muzzle opening was overbored. And the parkerizing was , let's say, unusual.

Steel models should last a lifetime or two or three.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts