Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I was excited about getting the PPQ Steel Frame but after looking at some reviews on youtube, people said the trigger was 5.4lbs and it was pretty mushy. I went to my local gun store and can testify the trigger does have a lot of creep and it is heavier than the standard.

I love my standard PPQ M2 but now thinking about getting the polymer version of the Q5. Will I notice any difference in accuracy? Is the polymer Q5 match more noticable? Your thoughts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey Guys, I was excited about getting the PPQ Steel Frame but after looking at some reviews on youtube, people said the trigger was 5.4lbs and it was pretty mushy. I went to my local gun store and can testify the trigger does have a lot of creep and it is heavier than the standard.

I love my standard PPQ M2 but now thinking about getting the polymer version of the Q5. Will I notice any difference in accuracy? Is the polymer Q5 match more noticable? Your thoughts

I would like the sf just for the wow factor.. I hear different opinions on it...some say it shoots like the polymer.. I want to know if it shoots flatter, less felt recoil, easier to get on target. Is is noticeably less "flippy" than the polymer guns

·
Registered
978 Posts
q
I have a poly Q5 and a friend has a PPQ 4".
25 yard benchrested group sizes with my Q5 is 1.5-2-5 inches, His PPQ is only about a half-inch behind. Not worth the cost difference.

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
q
I have a poly Q5 and a friend has a PPQ 4".
25 yard benchrested group sizes with my Q5 is 1.5-2-5 inches, His PPQ is only about a half-inch behind. Not worth the cost difference.
Benchrested groups are one thing. The extra sight radius of the Q5 will help some people achieve hits offhand easier. The slight difference in balance will help some people with recoil control. Sometimes small details matter.

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
The steel frame is definitely not worth it. When you can get a car shadow for 600 dollars less
If you like the SF by all means get it. It's a good gun. Not everything is about value for the dollar. Life is short. Enjoy the guns you want to shoot.

Nobody can tell you if a given gun can help you shoot better. The SF has the potential to help you shoot better but nobody knows your ability and what's holding you back.

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
I have both the Q5 and Q5 SF. My SF has a slightly nicer trigger. If I could only keep one it would be the SF.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have both the Q5 and Q5 SF. My SF has a slightly nicer trigger. If I could only keep one it would be the SF.

The Q5 trigger is slightly heavier than the polymer Q5 by about 3/4 to 1lb. The two SF I handled the other day had a fair amount of creep in trigger. Someone else on another thread said they own both the PPQ Q5, PPQ 5", and standard and as far as accuracy and felt recoil he said they were pretty much the same.

In youtube videos, a guy reviewing the Q5 polymer said the MP 2.0 5" barrel shot flatter which doesn't surprise me but was less accurate and suffered some misfeeds. And mentioned the PPQ was more accurate which i believe to be true.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
The main differences between a Q5 and a standard PPQ 4” will be slide length, blue trigger (which is an improved trigger) ported slide AND cut for an optic.

If you dont ever plan on an optic not worth while to get the Q5.

I can buy Q5s for $550. At that price though, the Q is a no brainer.

·
Registered
978 Posts
The main differences between a Q5 and a standard PPQ 4” will be slide length, blue trigger (which is an improved trigger) ported slide AND cut for an optic.
I own a poly Q5, shot many others and also shot many regular PPQ's, 4 and 5 inch. Except for the color, the trigger pull was pretty much the same, but varied slightly, gun to gun, randomly.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

If you dont ever plan on an optic not worth while to get the Q5.

I can buy Q5s for $550. At that price though, the Q is a no brainer.
the Q5 seems very reasonable priced compared to gunsn like the SF version and cznshadiw. Speaking ifnwhich the only.reason inwint buy the shadow is because it has a known issue with the side ifnframe crackng even as early asn5k rounds

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I just bought a Shadow 2. Love it. It’s going out to CGW to get the full treatment.

Only issue with CZ is that their customer service sucks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just bought a Shadow 2. Love it. It’s going out to CGW to get the full treatment.

I like the shadow 2 but what stopped me was the frame need locking block is k is to crack around 5000 rounds. Some have gone thousands no issues. The hairline crack been told that is cosmetics but my car p19c also has that too

·
Registered
5 Posts

I like the shadow 2 but what stopped me was the frame need locking block is k is to crack around 5000 rounds. Some have gone thousands no issues. The hairline crack been told that is cosmetics but my car p19c also has that too
I'm a fan of good trigger so the PPQ was a good fit for me. I have a few CZ's a 75LE, and a SP01 Tactical. I've had good response from their customer service.
A good trigger is one of the most important gun aspects to shooting accurately, especially in a tactical circumstance for follow-up shots to land where you want them. I've never felt more comfortable and accurate with a CCW than I do with the PPQ. You just have to find a gun that feels best for you and for what were you using it for. I have match pistol and they are perfect for that use but I would never think of using them as a CCW.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts