Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is strange but why not. I have a ppq m2 4" 9mm. My trigger guard is seeing a lot of use on it and wasn't sure if I was able to replace it and make it look new again or not. If the polymer trigger guard is all dented and scratched and looks like crap, and this goes for the accessories rail as well, can I just replace them so they look new? If so, how and where do I get what I need. I hope it's a vheap and easy thing to replace. I use it all the time. But I constantly change what I have per jobs and the law. So look at the photos pretty please and tell me whT you think. Am I able to cut off the guard and get a replacement piece or is it too much to fix?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,871 Posts
That looks like chit.....looks like your dog has been gnawing on that thing. But, short answer is, 'NO' you can't cut off the trigger guard or picatinny rail and replace em'. I think your only options are 1) buy a new frame, or 2) just live with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol yeah. It was almost like that when I bought it used. But when its polished up with the oil and stuff its hard to notice. Was just curious. Guess I'll just use the finest of the fine hand sandpaper and see if that can help hide it. A bit instead of it looking all rough.

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
Another thought to consider (very very carefully) is stippling your trigger guard.
This is a one way street and there is absolutely no return from this option but it would remove those dings.
I'd suggest if you go this route you practice on a piece of kydex first to get an idea of how warm your burner needs to be and how hard you'll need to press into the trigger guard.

I wonder battery if your Q was used in one of the YouTube torture tests...:) The poor thing was certainly abused.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts