Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello there I recently purchased a Walther PPQ M1 Q4 TAC but discovered a Navy edition after. I was wanting the more durable gun possible and wanting to know if the Walther PPQ M1 Q4 TAC had the same water resistance and corrosion resistance as the PPQ Navy. Wanting to make sure I made correct purchase. Really want a durable gun with lotta options. Which PPQ is the most long lasting and can take a beating ect

·
Premium Member
13,613 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, all PPQ's have the same coating/finish. The only difference in the navy is the addition of a 'hole' in the striker channel to drain water and a stronger striker spring.

You're good to go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hows the abuse compared to a glock? I'm loving the trigger on this PPQ more but carry gun i wear regularly I want to handle rain or getting dropped or all the dust storms we have here.

·
Premium Member
13,613 Posts
As for abuse, I really can't say how a PPQ/P99 would compare to a Glock. I only own one Glock and I keep it in my tackle box, use it for a trotline weight.

Post a picture of your P99.

·
Premium Member
8,579 Posts
All my Qs have been "swimming" in the ocean at one time or another. All have been exposed to dirt, mud, sand and Florida humidity plus body sweat from carry while exercising and training.

All my Qs' finishes have held up as well as my Navy Q. You have no worries on that score. Just care for it as you would any other weapon. It may get scratched or dinged and eventually there will be holster wear from EDC but it will hold up to a great deal of extremely rough usage.
These weapons aren't meant to be safe queens they are designed to use carried and used.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
There are lots of Youtube videos of people covering their PPQ's in dirt, sand and mud. The PPQ holds up just as well, if not better than Glocks.

Personally I've had mine at matches where my PPQ got covered in sand and fine dirt. It went bang every time. I can not say the same about my STI 2011. A little sand on it and it choked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts