Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
You need to tell us what your Q will be used for and your preferred method of carry...
sorry just saw IWB.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just noticed that Milt Sparks Holsters had an "Improved (Roy) Baker" OWB holster "In Stock" for a 5" Walther PPQ and picked it up for $128.00. I also bought a double magazine pouch for the same pistol and it too was listed as "In Stock."

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use a Black Arch IWB Ace Dry Matrix holster for my PPQ M2 SC. I'm not sure Alien Gear has a holster for the SC, although I use Alien Gear for my other guns. I am also a fan of Kramer OWB holsters.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You should take a close look at Alien Gear. Very much on the cutting edge these days. They do hybrids which seem best of both worlds.
I totally agree, I have 2 go to IWB holster 👽 Alien Gear is at the top of my list followed by the old standby Crossbreed. But, everyone thinks the one they use is the best so good luck.

·
Registered
300 Posts

They make them for the PPQ as well, Red Sox decals are mine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm a big fan of Black Point Tactical. I'm presently waiting on a Mini wing for my PPQ. Before moving back to my P99 for carry (sadly they don't make a holster for the P99), I was using their Mini wing for my Sig P226, followed by my P229 then my P30L. I actively use the Mini Wing for my PPS M1. Great holster system and very comfortable to wear all day as it's not bulky and the leather tabs really give you a lot of flexibility with being able to find good holster positioning.

Reactions: goforbroke2

·
Registered
30 Posts
I tried Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.5 but had to send it back. It's very comfortable to wear but the retention very much depends how much I tighten my belt. I did not like that a bit, I want retention to be consistent.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'll say it again, Blackpoint Tactical. Go for the Leather Wing or Mini-Wing. The former is an OWB holster that's capable of IWB duty with a hardware switch (can be added to package when ordering) and the latter is a top notch IWB holster that has good retention (adjustable by a tension screw) on its own on top of your belt fine tuning it a little more.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I run an aiwb holster from a local guy everyday for my q4 tac, @smithworx_ on Instagram, [email protected] . It has a removable mag holster and suede covered kydex for against your body. I also have an alien gear that I no longer use since u got this new setup. Very comfortable and the small serated foot that pushes your belt loop out makes it easy to conceal the full sized pistol even with a tighter t shirt.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would not be carrying every day.. and when I do it will need to be concealed. I would prefer an IWB style..
Ive looked around at a few manufacturers but none that I saw have the Walther PPQ as a listed model they support. I have the PPQ M2 to boot.. but I would assume that it will fit a holster for the older PPQ as well.

I really am learning so I'll take any advice given

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Kind of a big gun to IWB. Though I know there are many who IWB even bigger ones.

If you goto the Walther web site under accessories they list a bunch of holster company options like Dara.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.