Walther Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
No reply from Walther yet.
Call them if you have not heard from them. I shot out my PPQ .22 and they took care of me. I'm checking out the forums researching my fourth PPQ 9mm. Sold one of my PPQ 9's to my poorer brother, I made the mistake of letting him try it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I finally got a response from Walther. I contacted through their online form initially same day as the issue (7/3). Waited for a response until the following Thursday when I sent an email and also hit them up on Facebook Messenger. Finally got a response on Facebook Messenger late Thursday that they would bring this to the attention of the customer service department. Friday, late afternoon, Walther sent me an email asking for pictures and then sent me an email to look out for a return form by email and a FedEx label by email. FedEx label came, but no email with the return form. I responded Friday evening to let them know I still didn't get the return form. I waited until this afternoon hoping the form would come some time in the morning. It didn't. I finally called around 3 in the afternoon. Sat on hold for about 20 minutes, but did get through to someone who was very nice and helpful. They sent me the form I was waiting for and I quickly boxed up the PPQ (and also my PPS that is having trigger/fire control group issues) and ran out to FedEx to drop off the box. Not really thrilled that it took 10 days just to get to the point of being able to send them my broken guns. Now I wait for Walther to receive the package and decide what they want to do for me. Hoping I'll feel better about this experience when I hear back from Walther.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Got the PPQ back from Walther today. The service form says they replaced the slide, barrel, and striker assembly. The slide is the new version with more material on the left side at the rear of the ejection port. I'm wondering if the original slide and striker assembly were not compatible with the new slide or maybe they did not pass inspection. I'm also concerned that the Dawson fiber optic sights and Trijicon HD sights I have for the gun may not fit the new slide. I haven't tried to install them yet. I want to take the gun to the range as delivered to confirm function first.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Premium Member
13,621 Posts
Yep, the new slide requires a new barrel, striker and FPB. The 'new barrel' will fit in an older slide, but the 'old barrel' will not fit in a new slide. That's why they gave you a 'new' slide, barrel, striker and FPB.

The changes began with serial number FCA 0001.

There have been no changes to the sights. Put em' in, you're good to go.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am curious about one thing. Did Walther match up the serial numbers on the replacement slide and original frame?

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
I am curious about one thing. Did Walther match up the serial numbers on the replacement slide and original frame?
I believe the slide and barrel will not match the frame. German law is very picky about that sort of thing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Both the slide and barrel have no serial number on it. It’s the same as putting an aftermarket slide or aftermarket barrel on a handgun. It’s the handgun frame that is required to be serialized.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Got a Little Satin Bersa 23 in .22LR that I bought back in 92'. Other than a busted trigger spring, the little thing is still going strong. This is one of the Older ALL Steel models made between 1988–1994. No Stupid key lock.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Both the slide and barrel have no serial number on it. It’s the same as putting an aftermarket slide or aftermarket barrel on a handgun. It’s the handgun frame that is required to be serialized.

Have you taken the slide and barrel off and looked at them. It's my experience that the replacement barrel, and slides from Walther have serial numbers. They are just marked in a location not viewable unless removed as to not immediately stand out that they do not mach the number on the frame.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
^Word, yo.

There's gonna be a number on it, somewhere. Slide, barrel, both, most likely.

Reactions: SpaceGunner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts