Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally killed my PPQ I bought back in 2011. Slide cracked on the left side at the back of the ejection port. I guess that's the weakest point. I've probably put well over 30k rounds through it. I guess I can't be too upset.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Maybe that is why they went to a new slide design.

When you send in your gun to be fixed, they might have to do a whole slide assembly because the barrel has to match the slide type.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm hoping Walther takes care of me. I filled out their online form thing. I'm guessing I'll hear back next week some time with the holiday and all.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I’m relatively new to Walthers 5-6 years of ownership, but I’ve never seen a cracked slide on a Q before. Things happen, very interesting though especially with a low pressure 9mm round.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That PPQ has been through a lot of matches and range days. It's the only pistol I've shot in competition. I never bothered to upgrade to any of the 5" versions. I just kept on with my trusty M1.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No reply from Walther yet. I expected it would take a few days with the Holiday and all, but I had hoped they would have reached out by today. I guess there’s still a few more hours in the day...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good luck. I had nothing but problems with my PPS. Those jackasses in Fort Smith didn’t do anything to fix it.
Hate to hear about any problems. My experience with the Walther folks has all been positive. btw, I have two PPS Classics and will be keeping them. Funny like that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, I finally killed my PPQ I bought back in 2011. Slide cracked on the left side at the back of the ejection port. I guess that's the weakest point. I've probably put well over 30k rounds through it. I guess I can't be too upset. View attachment 93109 View attachment 93110
In 2004 - 05 I bought 7 P22s new, for different family members. My wife and I shoot ours the most, by far, and about five years ago both slides cracked in the very same spot yours has. I sent Walther a photo and they sent me postage paged mailing labels. Within about two weeks I received two brand new slides back. Can not remember the exact number of rounds we had put through them, but roughly 10,000 through each. At that time, several people on the Forums told me the problem was the metal alloy that had been used in the slides, which had now been changed. At present none of the other P22s we bought originally have been shot near the 10,000 rounds, but I am expecting a similar experience for the two that we bought for our boys, who were young in 2005, but now shooting regularly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still no response from Walther to the message I left through their customer service contact form on their website last Friday. I just sent them an email to the customer service email address posted on their website. Hoping to hear back.

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, I finally killed my PPQ I bought back in 2011. Slide cracked on the left side at the back of the ejection port. I guess that's the weakest point. I've probably put well over 30k rounds through it. I guess I can't be too upset. View attachment 93109 View attachment 93110
Hello.
l have lost substantial peace of metal from slide of my PPS after 80K rounds. I think due to weakening recoil spring. The slide was replaced by Walther per lifetime warranty. No question to ask. The slide is with all proofs marks and without number. No issues with tech support.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts