Walther Forums banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
The promo is now CLOSED. We originally set a limit of 10 DVDs and have 17 shipped or shipping out. Thank you everyone for participating. Let us know what you think of the video.

Fernando

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Why is it not free to all PPQ owners? Come on, you do not need the extra money, the handguns are priced at the high end of the market. This should be included in the box.
Actually, Walther is now including the DVD with every PPQ they ship. This promo was being done by Panteao Productions, the video company that filmed the video.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Received it today and watched it. Thanks!

Very informative. I liked the overview of Walther’s history. Then there were a few chapters on the basics of the pistol workings and basic maintenance. The animations of the pistol internals were interesting. Also some good info on clearing malfunctions.

The best part for me was the chapter showing the detailed breakdown and reassembly of the entire slide and pistol internals. Some really good info and tips in there.

Thanks again !

Dave
Happy you liked it! We essentially provided all the information you would receive in an armorer class.

Fernando

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Downloaded the digital version a few months back... great detailed video with instruction and discussion about all the ppq models. Great product to learn about how well designed the ppq series has been executed and informative for routine maintenance or repair for those interested in developing additional knowledge and repair experience. Thank you for a great video since the complete disassembly of this type was not readily available online or in such detail by experienced shooters.
Thanks for the feedback! Happy you like the digital download version. We wish more gun companies would resort to this type of video. Would make life much easier for the gun owners :)

Fernando

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Received mine today Fernando, I'll be getting with my neighbor to see when he'll be available to watch it with me. He's the one who made me purchase my PPQ 45, I shot his and HAD to have one for myself, first poly gun I've ever wanted to own in over 3 decades of carrying/shooting handguns.

Thank you again, JC

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Received mine today Fernando, I'll be getting with my neighbor to see when he'll be available to watch it with me. He's the one who made me purchase my PPQ 45, I shot his and HAD to have one for myself, first poly gun I've ever wanted to own in over 3 decades of carrying/shooting handguns.

Thank you again, JC
I'm happy to spread the word about the Walther products. For 33 years I have been carrying either a Government model 1911 or the CCO version (Commander slide/Officer frame). In my line of work I have handled and shot pretty much every handgun out there, both stock and customized. I was never a fan of polymer frame pistols. Just a personal thing. Then we did the Walther PPQ video and I had a chance to handle all the various PPQ pistols, including the steel frame version. I have to admit, Walther has gotten as close to a 1911 trigger any polymer gun has ever gotten. Then when I handled the Q5, I really liked it. Still not a huge fan of the 9mm cartridge so I now have a PPQ 45 and love the trigger, love how it shoots, and love the magazine capacity. Funny thing is I wasn't looking for a replacement to a 1911. But those darn Walther PPQ variants really grow on you :)

Oh, and there is more on the horizon that Walther fans are really going to like. That I can promise you. ;)

Fernando

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello Fernando,

I saw the History of Walther on their website and loved the video,great job. Do you think Walther would make a PPQ 45 like the PPQ Match pistol ( optic ready )in the future ?

Bernie

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Hi Bernie,

I don't think there is enough demand in the market right now for a PPQ 45 that is optics ready. The trend has continued to swing back to 9mm from .40 S&W, 357 SIG, .45 ACP, etc. That's where every handgun company nowadays puts their efforts. Even 1911 makers like STI see the majority of their 1911 sales being 9mm pistols with very few shipping in .45ACP.

Just like everyone is going to paddle shift automatics and less stick shift cars are being made, it's hard to find .45 ACP pistols coming out alongside their 9mm counterparts. But I'm still pushing for more .45 ACP versions of the Walther pistols :)

Fernando

·
Premium Member
8,547 Posts
I downloaded the armorer's bench the other evening and have looked it over a couple of times.

I will say the production values are very good and it is nicely thought out with logically placed chapters. It will be a boon to those new to the platform or to Walthers in general.

It did fall down in not discussing sight removal in Chapter 12. I do understand there are a few different types of sights on the base Qs but as many people want to swap out the sights this should have at least been acknowledged. It might have added 3 minutes to the video...

Again, it is a nice video and now that most of TANFOGLIO's videos and "how tos" are gone this will be most welcome for any of our newer members who do purchase it.

I did learn one trick: using the slide as a bench block to disassemble the striker assembly. :)

It is a nice job. I give it a 3.5 out of 5 which for me is fairly high praise. Chapter 12 would have needed to have a bit more detail to suit my needs but over all I enjoy the product and appreciate the work it took to put it together.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
olsoul - Thank you for the solid feedback. I honestly can't remember why the sights were not covered in more detail and heck, I was there directing. :)

Fernando

·
Registered
2 Posts
PPQ DVD

I would like a copy of the DVD. I found a used PPQ M2 at a local gun store a couple of years ago. I liked it so well I bought the S.C. version when it came out. Three weeks ago I found another used M2 at different gun store. I bought this also. I would really like to know more about these fine guns. A DVD, book, anything would be helpful. These are very underrated, overlooked guns.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got my copy this weekend, will try to see it during the week and provide feedback. Thank you very much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I would like a copy of the DVD. I found a used PPQ M2 at a local gun store a couple of years ago. I liked it so well I bought the S.C. version when it came out. Three weeks ago I found another used M2 at different gun store. I bought this also. I would really like to know more about these fine guns. A DVD, book, anything would be helpful. These are very underrated, overlooked guns.

The giveaway promo has already ended. The video is available here: https://panteao.com/product/walther-ppq-armorers-bench/

It's also available directly from Walther Arms.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love the video. The chapter on the history of Walther was enjoyable, and what followed was even better.
The chapters on the Field stripping and cleaning and lubing are very informative, especially the information on parts/places Walther recommends NOT lubricating.
The chapter on complete disassembly will be invaluable when the round count gets high. Unless I missed a tool somewhere in the disassembly, you can disassemble the complete handgun with an Armorer’s block, hammer, small screwdriver and 3mm punch!
The production quality of the Video is excellent also.
Thanks for the DVD.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts