Walther Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,901 Posts
I used to be very active on this forum, and for years I mentioned most of the things that were stated from post number 16 until this one. On this forum, people have made threads and posts of things like cutting firing pin block springs, taking the firing pin block completely out of the pistol, changing striker springs, removing material from the sear, adding an aftermarket trigger with no drop safety, modifying the stock trigger to bypass the drop safety, modifying the stock trigger to bypass the firing pin block by reducing pre-travel, etc. I'm sure I'm forgetting quite a few more.

All of this in the name of improving the trigger, and all this for a pistol design that arguably has the best trigger available in a polymer striker fired trigger. A whole lot of the people who were advising others to do these types of modifications probably didn't have more than a hundred rounds through their pistol.

I used to have a P99 with over 14k rounds through it, and there is no trigger job available that could have made that trigger any smoother, either in DA or SA. Even my PPQ with 4k rounds was much smoother than when it was new.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
All of this in the name of improving the trigger, and all this for a pistol design that arguably has the best trigger available in a polymer striker fired trigger. A whole lot of the people who were advising others to do these types of modifications probably didn't have more than a hundred rounds through their pistol.

I used to have a P99 with over 14k rounds through it, and there is no trigger job available that could have made that trigger any smoother, either in DA or SA. Even my PPQ with 4k rounds was much smoother than when it was new.
My P99 is the ONLY pistol I have owned or ever owned that. I didn’t modify in some way. Trigger just superior as is. Mine is in 40, and THAT is a snappy round. After two boxes of that stuff, the underside of my trigger finger is bashed up pretty good from hitting the trigger guard in recoil. Top Gear Top Tip of the Day: Don’t modify 99-series and derivatives triggers!! They are good as is! Just do the break in.

·
Registered
6,901 Posts
Top Gear Top Tip of the Day: Don’t modify 99-series and derivatives triggers!! They are good as is! Just do the break in.
I'd like to add to this and say that people shouldn't modify anything until they've put enough rounds through the pistol to understand how it works and what exactly they themselves would like to improve on the design.

I'm happy to see that there is little to no talk on this forum anymore that I've seen about altering safety mechanisms on these pistols. That is a huge improvement here as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It definitely needs either a stippling job or some grip tape as long as I remember to have a death grip on it it shoots perfectly fine and I could do very fast shots but compare that to my sig axg Pro recoil on the PPQ is like a bucking bronco
I agree about needing a better grip. Although not too attractive, this rubber sleeve works well for me.

Air gun Revolver Trigger Everyday carry Gun barrel

21 - 26 of 26 Posts