Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello and apologies in advance if these are stupid or redundant questions. (Self admitted noob.)

I was considering a 22LR training pistol and think I have settled on a Walther PPQ SD (5100301).

Shopping around, I see 5100301LEs (Law Enforcement) that appear to be the same pistol but less expensive, have night sights (?uncertain about the sights?) and come with an extra magazine. I don't see them listed on Walther's site.

Is there such a thing as "Law Enforcement Sales Only"?
Are there any differences between the two models that I should be aware of?
Any information or advice is appreciated.

Thanks for your time and be safe!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Never heard of a "Law Enforcement" .22 cal anything.

Some companies have polices for selling to Law Enforcement, and certain equipment that can only be purchased by confirmed members at special prices.

Your choices in a PPQ22 are standard length (4") and extended length (5") as far as i know.

I have the standard model, and prefer the balance.

It's a fun little gun, but not without some issues apparently. Mine has been fine, and it's pleasant to shoot. Not a target pistol my any means, but accuracy has been acceptable with mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jkv45, I had originally thought about the 4".

Here is an Walther order form I found online, although I would be purchasing from a third party.

On one of the seller's pictures of the case it says on a Walther label "Law Enforcement Sales Only".
Not certain what the policy is for posting outside pictures.
I am concerned that there will be an issue with my FFL.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks imaoldfart, that is a very informative link.
I am contemplating buying from a dealer on Gunbroker and not directly from Walther.
My voncern remains when I go to my FFL if there will be an issue.
I think I will have to visit them first but this makes me think it may not be worth the hassle to save a few bucks and get an extra magazine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LE means Law Enforcement but yes it comes with 3 12 round magazines as opposed to 2 with a standard PPQ 22 SD.

·
Registered
291 Posts
LE means Law Enforcement but yes it comes with 3 12 round magazines as opposed to 2 with a standard PPQ 22 SD.
Are all PPQ22 mags 12 rounds?

I always load multiples of 5, so I never checked. I was thinking they were 10-rounds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
[QUOTE="FTWard, post: 1250355, member: 102713"

I was considering a 22LR training pistol and think I have settled on a Walther PPQ SD (5100301).

Thanks for your time and be safe!
[/QUOTE]

This pistol appears to be part of the Walther PPQ M2 family of .22 LR pistols. I have one and it's fun to shoot...but it has some issues to be wary of. Check out the other PPQ M2 .22 posts on this forum to read what I and others have had to deal with.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Fundy, interesting reading.

I found a 5100301 at a good price and decided not risk any potential issues with the LE.

Another question (I am going to search the forums now, but if someone sees this and knows the answer), since we were discussing the 12 round Walther magazines here.

Does anyone know if the S&W M&P 22LR 12 round magazines (422510000) compatible with the Walther PPQ 22's?

Again, Thanks.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
>Does anyone know if the S&W M&P 22LR 12 round magazines (422510000) compatible with the Walther PPQ 22's?<<
I can't imagine why they would be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My understanding was that the Smith & Wesson M&P 22 was manufactured under contract from Walther (and Umarex).
Was hoping that the design might mean the magazines are compatible.

·
Registered
291 Posts
My understanding was that the Smith & Wesson M&P 22 was manufactured under contract from Walther (and Umarex).
Was hoping that the design might mean the magazines are compatible.
I believe that is correct, but I thought I saw (somewhere) that there were differences in the magazine baseplate or something that made them not compatible.

Shouldn't be hard to find the correct mag.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I believe that is correct, but I thought I saw (somewhere) that there were differences in the magazine baseplate or something that made them not compatible.

Shouldn't be hard to find the correct mag.
You are indeed correct, the base plates are slightly different and they are not compatible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts