Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing the Militec-1 treatment on my Walther PPK/S & thought I'd share a pic I took of it fresh from the Oven
I didn't remove the sear assembly because of it's two rivets but did a detail strip, broke all the sharp edges with crocus cloth & Militeced it up, Cooked it in the oven for around 45 minutes @ 170 degrees, It's slick as glass now!!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Next time give warning. My PPK/S sets on my desk and now shes in total shock. She has never seen a member of her family naked. It just isn't done This is a G board. We have kids here also that kid PPK/S Guy.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry micheal t
I should have put a "Total Nudity Warning" in the thread title...
My little friend realy liked the treatment, After applying three times I let her cool then wiped total dry.. I used TW-25B on the slide rails & internals, & FP-10 oil on the rest..
WOW!! it's like I did a trigger job to it, The DA & SA pull was decreased & it's now so SMOOTH
The safety is even easier to apply as well..
If all works out I may sneak away from work today as a couple of my buddies want to go shooting, My one friend just got a nazi proofed 1939 Walther P-38 & He's never shot one before, were gonna take a couple of ARs & AKs + SIG Sauer, Ruger as well, It's supposed to be 58 degrees today, Sounds Like The Master Plan if You Ask Me!!
Range Report Due
MILITEC-1 is the stuff!!
BTW assembly took me a while as I'm a perfectionist But My New Little Friend Sure is Loving being totaly & permanently lubricated..
Off To Work it's 7:35am

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I don't think that 170 deg is near enough to change the springs any, but I'd think that treating the springs (and many other of the parts) is not partucularly useful. Good picture though. I should do the same.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Email Address Is [email protected]
Range Report
Shot 120 rounds through Her Today 100%, Pured like a Kitten..
Shot as good or better than my G19.. Very Accurate..
Tried Winchester White Box ball & the Federal Hydra Shocks
Also shot my Glock 19, Ruger SP101 9mm,& Ruger MKII Target.
The Walther Stole the Show Today!! OH YEAH!!
I'm a Happy Camper!! Except that I now have four Pistols & Two Rifles to clean..
Walther PPK/S Will Be moved to carry status!! As it's 100%
Smooth As Glass!! Lovin It!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just wannted to add that springs, be it Magazine, Recoil, Hammer etc. all rub metal to metal contact somewere within the firearm, & 170 degrees won't hurt anything, not even plastic parts, Note: that all plastic pieces Grips, Magazine floorplates etc were removed for my treatment of the Militec-1
My Ovens lowest setting is 170 degrees & it's digital, It didn't even make a smell, Never has before on the other pistols I've done.
I also have that pyrex tray that I use just for this.. Don't use your Wifes cookie sheet..
A Hair Dryer will also heat the parts hot enough for the treatment as well, What I used on my Glock!! To Treat the slide rails etc that can't be removed from the plastic frame, Also Note : that Glocks factory Sites are plastic too! In the slide..
It's great how even loading the magazines is easier after the Militec treatmeant, Safety is easier to apply/remove, Trigger is smoother in DA & SA, Pistols are easier to clean as the powder doesn't seem to stick as badly, Anyone who hasn't tried it should..
I've got the SLICKEST Walther out There
B92

·
Registered
713 Posts
Well I bought a 14oz tube and will try it as a replacement for my normal lube.. The liquid was $5 for a 1 oz the tube was $7 for 14 oz That should last a long time. When I have a oven again I might coat and try on my compact Llama Thats my test mule. I did fire my WW 2 1911 today after using worked fine . My 11 year old daugther fired 2 mags of Fed Hyd in 230 . I then cleaned and relubed and reloaded. Of course I cleaned and greased my PPK/S ... also:blues:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just remember that Militec-1 is a metal conditioner & not a Lubricant!!
After the treatment the gun will require very little oil/grease but lubrication/oil should still be used on the Barrel, Hood, Frame Rails, Hammer Face, etc.. FP-10, Breakfree CLP etc Plus a grease such as TW-25B should be used on the Sear, Trigger Bar, Disconector, Safety etc.
Note that in very dirty dusty enviroments such as in the middle east. Militec is all that some units use on thier AR-15s & M9s, And it's wiped completely off after the treatment, They add no lube at all as it attracts dirt, sand etc
Also note that Militec does little to prevent rust, So a complete wiping of the frame/slide with oil with grips removed is still advised & will be most appreciated by your pistol too!!
Put a drop of oil on the mag catch too..
And don't forget the magazines too!! I prefer to keep them mostly dry, No Lube, but have used Remington Dry Lube in & on magazines before..
Make Sure the Weapon is Unloaded & Ammo Removed from the Area before Cleaning etc..
Safety Tip From B92, Stay Safe!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
YES!!
I replied to your post about that flusher with DIAGRAMS LINKS & INFO
Have a Look Here
Let me know how it comes out..
And Good Luck Getting an Early German Spring Too!!
I saw an Interarms one that needed that spring too, The owner didn't even notice, I saw the Loaded Cylinder Indicator protruding & thought it was loaded, Then after inspecting the chamber I noted that his was loose in there, Also I would think that If the Indicator got weadged into the Firing Pin it could cause alot of trouble, Or Go Full Auto..
B92

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the answer.
What you stated is far more than I would want to try.
I thought that the pin and spring were in a channel seperate from the firing pin and all I would have to do is pull the pin and spring out.
I'll just leave it alone
Thanks again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts