Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 22lr PPK/S has trouble with subsonic ammo, even with 1025fps.
Looking to replace stock recoil spring with lighter one.
Any advice on whats stock strength and where to get lower one?

And did anyone try to drill tap slide in order to install something like 1 piece Warne rail for micro red dot?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Your PPK/S is very sensitive to ammo and works best with high velocity ammo such as CCI Mini Mags, Remington Golden Bullets. I don’t think anyone makes a lighter spring for this model as it’s fairly weak as it is. Why do you want to shoot sub sonics ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your PPK/S is very sensitive to ammo and works best with high velocity ammo such as CCI Mini Mags, Remington Golden Bullets. I don’t think anyone makes a lighter spring for this model as it’s fairly weak as it is. Why do you want to shoot sub sonics ?
For suppressor to keep it below 1050fps

·
Registered
10,581 Posts
I'd bet most of the rounds are subsonic out of that short barrel to begin with. You can see the drop in velocity by barrel length at ByThe Inch. .22 ammo, popular cartridges listed as well as velocity and energy from 2" barrels up. 1917

·
Registered
33 Posts
My 22lr PPK/S has trouble with subsonic ammo, even with 1025fps.
Looking to replace stock recoil spring with lighter one.
Any advice on whats stock strength and where to get lower one?

And did anyone try to drill tap slide in order to install something like 1 piece Warne rail for micro red dot?
A red dot on a PPk slide? :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.