Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi from florida i have a walther ppk in 9mm and i am interested in a new barrel and or threaded barrel i understand you may have to buy a barrel and then have it threaded(or not) anyways i am hot to get the threaded barrel as i allready am a nfa trust holder and would like to evetually go on to suppressed ppk (ala james bond lol) if anyone would help me with the barrel threaded or otherwise i would appreciate it as my specialty is h&k series 9x rifles k&k 33,53,91,93,g3,mp5 et al so i now need a pistol as i did not even own a pistol until recently so of corse it has to be a nfa item please let me know if you can help ,i need specifics on WHERE to purchase the barrel or a webstore that sells them thanks in advance dan

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
James Bond aside, a .380 PPK wouldn't be my first choice for a suppressed handgun. If you must do it go for an internal thread.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I don't think he's from around here, or there is a severe generational gap going on.
I suspect the latter. Be that as it may, back to his question. I have always wondered, is it as simple as having a PP barrel installed on a PPK and then having a competent machinist cut it to the proper length and thread it to spec?

I believe Mr. Bond use the superior 7.65mm versus the .380ACP. :cool: 7.65mm would be quite nice, suppressed. :)

R

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Having recently done an R&R on a PPK barrel, I can attest that removing the barrel from the frame of a PP series pistol isn't a task that requires a great deal of effort.

In the case of a PPK, a PP barrel replacement will get you the necessary amount of barrel protruding from the slide to thread for a supressor.

Without any prejudice towards the OP, I do groan and hang my head whenever I read about someone wanting to silence a PPK ala James Bond.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts