Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Well at least now I can see it says "Zella-Mehlis" on there (if I blow the pic up and squint a little), which at least lets us date it before April 1945. And it seems to have all the parts, is in .32ACP, which in the US makes it a $1,000 gun these days, and in Germany a 150 Euro one.

·
Registered
578 Posts
It's hard to make out the finish in these images. It looks like it hasn't been refinished, but also seems to be blasted.

Can you take some images with a lighter blue background (preferential) with natural ambient light minus the flash?

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
632 Posts
If it's RHSA the true value will be determined by the buyer/collector. Clearer pictures will be needed. I can't tell if it was chromed or refinished after the war or if it is just worn. Regardless it is in rough shape. A collector purchased a RHSA pistol in rough shape but not refinished for 1500 recently so that can give you a ball park figure (again, only if it is a RHSA).

·
Registered
632 Posts
Based on the posts, the pistol has been refinished so ultimate price will be determined by the interested buyer. I don't see it getting up near a 1,500 price tag.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Appears to be 314838 K? Or some variation of the last three digits as the 8 and 3 appear alike in a low dpi image.

Congratulations! You have a well worn example of a PPK issued to the RSHA- the National Security Agency of Nazi Germany. The matched slide to the frame is great, and the matched #2 magazine is icing on the cake. In excellent condition, such a gun would be worth close to or in excess of $3,000. But in this condition, it may be worth perhaps half that amount. Maybe even less as collectors favor condition and will pay for it. Still, you have a piece of history in yours hands.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Appears to be 314838 K? Or some variation of the last three digits as the 8 and 3 appear alike in a low dpi image.

Congratulations! You have a well worn example of a PPK issued to the RSHA- the National Security Agency of Nazi Germany. The matched slide to the frame is great, and the matched #2 magazine is icing on the cake. In excellent condition, such a gun would be worth close to or in excess of $3,000. But in this condition, it may be worth perhaps half that amount. Maybe even less as collectors favor condition and will pay for it. Still, you have a piece of history in yours hands.
Agree with the $3K minty - but this one is a wreck! Only an auction could set the true value for this one.

If you didn't have a matching mag to tie it into a RSHA contract purchase this would be lucky to get $600 - $700 as its a real beater

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
I'd just put it on Gunbroker with several good pics and see what it brings. I paid a little under $2,000 for a 1966 PPK-L in 7.65 in VG-Excellent Condition. The prices these bring are all over the board, but unless someone is looking for one like this exactly, I'd say the $600-$700 range is accurate. Now, if it has the original box, manual, test target etc, then the price goes up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.