Walther Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey together,

I have a PPK in 7,65mm serial number 359381 k on the slide, frame and one of the magazines ( a “2” is underneath the serial number on the mag ), an Eagle N proof on the slide, chamber and tip of the barrel, no other markings.

I know from my Dad that he got this PPK from my Grandfather but i dont know if my Grandfather carried it in WW II or not. I only know he was part in WW II from end of 1941 - 1944 until he get wounded in russia.

I would be appreciate about your opinion if this PPK is a commercial or maybe a RSHA Type.

Thanks alot

Greetings from Austria
Patrick

Unfortunately i can’t upload my pics. If anyone can help me please contact me!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Sounds RHSA but we will need pics to confirm.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i know you guys need pics! When i try to Upload my pics i get the msg „Upload of file failed“
Is there any other option to upload the pics?

Thx Patrick

·
Registered
629 Posts
That one worked. The reason why pics for RHSA identification are important (especially for bottom stamped magazines) is that they are the most often faked. I won't have my books in front of me till later this evening if someone else cares to jump in.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I don't care for the K suffix or the magazine number 2. The serial number on the base plate is factory but the K and 2 are someone else.

Reactions: Benkestock

·
Registered
629 Posts
I don't care for the K suffix or the magazine number 2. The serial number on the base plate is factory but the K and 2 are someone else.

My thoughts as well. So if the serial number is factory, the next most commonly stamped bottom magazines are usually Luftwaffe contracts are they not?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks alot for your opinion guys! Ok so i Unterstand the SN number is factory and the Suffix and „2“ not. Which version could it be than if the SN is Factory?

Thx Pat

·
Registered
629 Posts
I just did a short research in google and found some pics from similar magazins. I cant really see any differece in the number „2“ compared to my magazin. What do you guys say?

https://imgur.com/a/SCIA1pN
You also have to take into account the K. Look at the pictures that you just linked to and compare it to yours. The type 6 is the most faked RHSA pistol because only the bottom of the magazine baseplate was marked.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep i agree. The K is out of position. But which PPK Type could it be with only the Factory stamped SN. If the K is really a fake there is still the correct number isnt it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There are no other markings like WaA or police. Only the SN on Frame, slide and magazin.
Thx so far for you help guys 😉

1 - 15 of 15 Posts