Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day my new Walther PP has a threaded barrel and I find little about whether Walther Ulm has ever made weapons with a threaded barrel? Would be very grateful for support ....

On the (as I will call) the right side of the weapon:
- "Walther Banner" including Made in W. Germany and marked with Carl Wahlter arms factory ULM / DO model PP Cal.9mm short.

On the left side (below the discharge opening) is the following:
- The "New Eagle" symbol above the letter N; next to it is the serial number 42449 (without A)
The side ejection window of the closure has the marking: - 71 (a deer antler) and the "New Eagle" above the letter N. On this page the frame is marked with S / n 42449 A.
https://share-your-photo.com/8325859852/album
Hope the description along with the pictures is helpful.
Greez Fabi

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
In 1971 Walther didn't made a PP equipped w. threaded barrel. It's an aftermarket barrel.

·
Super Moderator
7,356 Posts
Not a job casually done. If the barrel is snug in the frame boss, you should be good to go.
Presume you are overseas, where silencers are somewhat more readily purchased.
Moon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would be nice but in Switzerland an exception permit is required for the purchase / possession of silencers (as well as Laser) which entails "regular" checks for storage ....
The barrel is stuck and has no play with the frame boss the runners are evenly too. Didn't find any mark / stamp on the barrel or in the sled.

https://share-your-photo.com/a72b9991b5/album

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
So is an exception permit required to post a photo of the threaded barrel -- since that seemed to be the purpose of your thread?

M

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So is an exception permit required to post a photo of the threaded barrel -- since that seemed to be the purpose of your thread?

Ähhh what does the muffler rule have to do with the barrel thread? At least with us, a silencer is not the same as a barrel thread. So NO the thread is not legitimate as you accuse me .. And the explanation of the silencer web was intended as a response to a previous comment ...

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Didn't find any mark / stamp on the barrel or in the sled.

It's an aftermarket barrel as said before. In Germany frame, slide and barrel has to show German proof marks. By the way you can see working markings round the safety pin of the barrel on your pics.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Did Walther ever make a PP,PPK with an OEM threaded bbl.? I have never seen/heard of one and I do not believe the movies that show them.Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
It would be nice but in Switzerland an exception permit is required for the purchase / possession of silencers (as well as Laser) which entails "regular" checks for storage ....
This PP probably got the threaded barrel in Switzerland. Until the end of the last century there were different gun laws in each canton. In some of them it was quite easy to get a silencer. That's the reason why the possesion and use of silencers don't need exception permits if they were bought legally before 1999.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts