Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I recently purchased a Walther PP in 7.65mm with the serial number 123182 P. It has the EN mark on the slide, on the barrel of the ejection port, and the end of the barrel. There are no other markings on the gun except for light wear. It also doesn't have the magazine, which the auction house said it did and will hear from me on that. I probably over paid, but I took a gamble that it could be some of the rarer models. Not sure what I was thinking as I got a little too involved in my fantasy!

From my limited research, the serial number puts it at manufactured in 1938, however I find that hard to believe as it doesn't have the other marks it should from that time period.

Can anyone please shed some light on what I have here and it's approximate value? I'll get some pictures uploaded.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

The auction pictures aren't the greatest but it looks like a typical PP in 7,65mm. The serial number puts it between 1935 and 1941. Are you sure about E/N ? It looks more like C/N to me which would be correct for a 1938 pistol.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
I would put the value at $735.31.
Minus the price of the magazine that they failed to send him. :mad:

I think I see some corrosion on the back of the frame and slide but otherwise that's a pretty good price for such an early PP even without a correct magazine. Hopefuly we'll get some more pics for a closer inspection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is holster wear around/near the muzzle, back of the slide, and the very top of the trigger underneath the frame. Barrel and rifling appear to be in very good shape. No corrosion anywhere, although I have not completely field stripped it yet. I reached out to the auction joint about the magazine, and the fact they had mislabeled the caliber. According to Blue Book Values, this gun is around $500, I assume with a mag. If it were .380, it would be approximately double. Maybe they'll refund some money back or my other option would be to return it, but not sure I want to do that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the auction site doesn't have the magazine. The only option they'll offer me is a full refund. They'll list it back on their site, and perhaps I can snag it for a cheaper price. To get a period correct magazine I'm out another $150, and I don't believe this gun is over the 90% mark for condition.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I would bounce the gun back to them. Mislabeling both caliber and missing magazine is serious, as it displays ignorance and lack of business acumen. Let them sell it to someone else. Forget it.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Well the auction site doesn't have the magazine. The only option they'll offer me is a full refund.
Did you buy this pistol for a shooter or just to collect ? Would you have bought it if it had been advertised as missing the magazine ? It shouldn't be too difficult to locate a period correct magazine for it (or even a Mec-Gar to get it up and running).

If I were in the same situation I'd keep the gun and never do business with that seller again. It looks like you have a very nice early PP.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Very nice PP. as is it would bring 850.00 in Ky. If you plan on collecting you can buy a period mag on Gunbroker, EBay or Legacy Arms.com.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Also... You can get a brand new Mec-Gar magazine that will function 100% easily and far less money than an original. In fact for the price of an original you could get around 4 new Mec-Gar mags.

Is that a corrosion pit I see on the frame through the ejection port?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts