Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been out of the collecting scene for over 40 years now. Acquired this Walther PP and very nice original holster ( not pictured ) in 1975 for $125.00
The holster is original German WWII issue brown leather, with an American Lieutenants name written in ink on the inside
. . .undoubtedly a war prize.
From what I could tell by the serial numbers this Walther was produced in 1942. I took the photos with my lousy flip-phone camera. As you can see it has WaA359 near the trigger and in other places as well. On the left side it has a small eagle ( similar to the Wehrmacht eagle ) on the left slide and left near the trigger. There is a distinctly different eagle on the right side on the barrel and the slide.

Not interested in selling, but I'm not getting any younger and would like to let my daughters know approximate worth.
Anyone have a ballpark for the PP ( the bore is perfect and seems to have seen virtually no use ) and the holster is also in excellent condition.

( couldn't attach last two images. . .ah, computers! )

Thanks for any and all feedback
Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Musical instrument accessory Wood Air gun Gun accessory Trigger
Gun accessory Gas Auto part Starting pistol Gun barrel

·
Registered
18 Posts
That seems to be a nice specimen, and obviously there are but so many WW2 GI bring backs. Assuming no import marks the gun has a good value. I might suggest you take a look at Legacy Collectibles, Simpson Ltd. Look for one similar to yours, and that will give you an idea of the asking prices. Having said that both party’s are nice folks to deal with,and would probably advise you. I import a lot of German guns, on my next batch I have a very nice Nazi marked P38 coming, but by law I must import stamp it, which will detract some of the value. Assuming the pistol is in 7.65 Browning, they are great shooters. Thanks for posting the pics.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That seems to be a nice specimen, and obviously there are but so many WW2 GI bring backs. Assuming no import marks the gun has a good value. I might suggest you take a look at Legacy Collectibles, Simpson Ltd. Look for one similar to yours, and that will give you an idea of the asking prices. Having said that both party’s are nice folks to deal with,and would probably advise you. I import a lot of German guns, on my next batch I have a very nice Nazi marked P38 coming, but by law I must import stamp it, which will detract some of the value. Assuming the pistol is in 7.65 Browning, they are great shooters. Thanks for posting the pics.
Thanks. . .will check it out

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
I would agree with the 1942 production date. The "eagle over N" stamp on the slide was applied after it passed inspection when a proof load was fired through it.

The WaA359 is a military proof mark so we know your PP was used by some branch of the German military.

It's hard to estimate a value from your pictures but I think $800-$2,000 is a good retail estimate. Having military proof marks is a big plus. Depending on condition the holster could be a few hundred.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would agree with the 1942 production date. The "eagle over N" stamp on the slide was applied after it passed inspection when a proof load was fired through it.

The WaA359 is a military proof mark so we know your PP was used by some branch of the German military.

It's hard to estimate a value from your pictures but I think $800-$2,000 is a good retail estimate. Having military proof marks is a big plus. Depending on condition the holster could be a few hundred.
Thank you. . .this helps

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
My semi-educated opinion is that it would fetch around $1,4000-$2,300 depending on actual condition. Those aren’t great photos, but if you take them outside with the flash off it will be much easier to see. Probably easier to bundle the holster with the pistol than part it out, but RedCat’s numbers are about right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts