Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in adding a Walther PP Super to my Walther collection. I found one at a dealer that needs a set of grips. But has the factory box and 3 mags.This one has black plastic grips with a thumb rest on the left side. Is this factory? What do you think of the PP Super?

·
Registered
87 Posts
The PP Super is a cool gun, a PPK on steroids. It does shoot a different round than most, 9mm Police. 9mm Police is 9x18, but it is not the same as 9mm Makarov. I would think that finding ammo could be a problem, unless you reload.

PP Super

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just asked Georgia Arms Pistol Ammo about ammo for the PP Super last week as I was also interested. They said they usually have some in stock, $21 per box. They didn't specify the number of rounds per box, but I think it's 50.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
The Black plastic grips with thumbrest were factory....
although there is some with woodgrips and there is brown plastic factory grips with thumbrest you still can buy also....
I think the Black ones will be harder to find.... check ebay and call Earl's repair

·
Registered
767 Posts
SOG/Southern Ohio Gun has Geco 9x18 Ultra available for $8.00/50 +-.  Call them, not on their website, at 1-800-944-4867.

Next in line is Fiocchi(they call it 9x18 Police), usually available for $19.00/50. Not really worth it. About 15 more fps than Geco, which is around 1054 fps, out of a 4".

Then there is Hirtenberger. If you find some, you've hit the jackpot. And I would appreciate it if you let me know where you found it.

If Georgia Arms, make sure it is not 9x18 Makarov. Enjoy the PP Super. It's my favorite 9x18.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live in MA. I found it at a small gun shop. I have a Glock 23C I was getting rid of and he is willing to trade. Everyone, thank you for the helpful info.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Man you are lucky trading a PP Super for a Glock..... damn lucky

1 - 7 of 7 Posts