Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Welcome to the forum. You have a very desirable pistol.

The PP Sport was a target pistol based off of the Walther PP (big brother to the PPK). These were made in France for Walther by a company called Manurhin and are of very high quality. Most of these are DA/SA like the rest of the PP series but some are SAO. Which one do you have ? They also differ from a standard PP by having a serrated trigger, spur hammer, and adjustable rear sight.

They came in two different barrel lengths. Yours is the shorter of the two. Your pistol also has a removable barrel weight fitted to it. Normally that weight would be retained by a knurled nut but yours has muzzle brake which is quite rare. Your magazine has an enlarged baseplate to extend the grip but you can also use standard PP and PPK/S magazines.

Did it come with any other weights or magazines ? Do you have the nut that would replace the muzzle brake ?

Registered
I wanted to add, that the short brown grips are very rare and that I have never seen a muzzle device like that before but then, I had a weight on an MH PP Sport I previously owned that was made by a German machinist and finished and blued by me. I had sold that gun to a hardcore Walther collector to fill a niche in his collection.

The following photo shows the different hammers and the different front and rear sights for the PP Sport L DA and SA pistols.

Registered
Damn, Andy, that is a nice passel of Sports!
Thanks Steve, they are great plinkers but not serious match pistols. The triggers are far away from the Walther Olympia 1936 model, or its successor the Haemmerli 200 series. The earlier Manurhin models often have the problem with the hammer following the slide. That had given me some headache and I had to figure it out at a time when there was no internet and we did not have an information exchange like today. So much for the good old time:).

Still, the Manurhin and Walther Ulm PP Sports are not too bad and I always enjoyed shooting them and like their overall quality. Those old guns can still shoot well enough to not be laughed about at a competition.

Registered
When you look at a PP / PPk hammer, it appears to be easy enough to add the three parts necessary. I have no reliable info that the hammers with a spur are S/A only but from my first hand experience with about a dozen PP Sports, I have deducted that. I have to also say, that I have found little printed info on the Walther PP Sports and that was rarely complete. Just like it will be hard to find info on the KKJ rear sights and their markings for different calibres.

Premium Member
The PP-Sport with a bat-wing hammer was offered by Walther in either SA-only or SA/DA, the latter differing only in the inclusion of the DA dog with its pin and spring (exactly like a standard PP).

Also, different trigger bars and trigger bar springs are shown on parts diagrams for each version of the Sport.

These parts are shown in the PP instruction manual with the silver-blue cover printed in the 1960s. I still have some of these manuals for sale.

See my ad in the Trading Post. https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/faq-trading-post/42709-original-walther-manuals.html

Post #6.

M

1 - 14 of 14 Posts