Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 658 Posts

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Am looking for when my ppk/s 32 acp was made the number on it is 252733S. I got it when my wifes father died and was wondering when an where is was made.
Thanks WIL
Late, I hope not too late... ;)
Your PPK/S is Walther/Manurhin made in the early 70th.

Here are two charts.

M
Thanks Mike for collecting and sharing!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the site, I have a walther PP, six digit code starting 268 and ending in an "A". The serial code is stamped on the left of the slide and on the right of the frame behind the trigger / on the grip. The left of the frame / on the grip is stamped made in west germany. The slide name ends Ulm/Do and it has a little eagle over N below it, the front of the left of the slide has the walther banner. Grips seem to be bakelite and its a 9 mil short. Does anyone know when this was made, what does the N mean? Military issue? Any other interesting info?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks - I will take some photos tonight, looking at the "blue book" the eagle over N is "since 1952 / Ulm / definitive nitro proof for all guns"

·
Registered
6 Posts
I battled to get clear pics, so I cropped the high res ones to show what needs to be seen and made on low res full pic. There are no other markings besides the ones I have included pp crop.jpg

pp right.jpg

thorny47 002.jpg

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
According to Dieter H. Marschalls book no PP with this serial number was ever built, in any caliber. The number is a fake!

I think, the gun was built ~1965-67. Sights changed in 1968, "Made in West Germany" appeared ~1965 (the years before they wrote "Made in Germany"). Perhaps you will find a proof marking in the ejection port (stamped on the barrel): Eagle/N, antler (for Ulm) and the last two digits of the year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I saw on some page that there was a number range that includes mine but it was 7.65 not 9 mil. What do you mean by fake? The gun doesnt look like it has every been shaved and restamped. As I said it has no other markings, I have stripped it completely. It only has the eagle over N under the ulm/do of the name

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I saw on some page that there was a number range that includes mine but it was 7.65 not 9 mil. What do you mean by fake? The gun doesnt look like it has every been shaved and restamped. As I said it has no other markings, I have stripped it completely. It only has the eagle over N under the ulm/do of the name
The number range you've seen in 7,65 is PPK, not PP. So the number can't match in any case. That's why I wrote "fake". It is restamped.

At least the eagle/N normally stamped on slide, frame and barrel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks Martin, it is odd though, I have really looked closely at it and I cant see any machine work on the barrel or frame so not sure how they would have removed one number and added another, the bluing also appears to be original.... I wonder what its story was?

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I don't know...

Here ist an example for a PP 7,65mm. Look at the picture of the right side. You can see all markings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Martin, thanks for answering my questions and the pics, mine has all the markings on the left side (the west germany marking is in a different place but it has it) and then it only has the serial number on the right hand side. It does seem that someone may have removed the original markings or somehow it came out of the factory without them. The odd thing is its all legit and properly licensed. Oh well, its a great little pistol none the less, easy to carry, reliable and fun to shoot. Stay well. Danke ;)

·
Banned
6 Posts
hello friends,
I have a Walther PP for sale, and I have a guy who wants to buy it, but he won't buy it unless I can prove that it is war time. Pistols are not my strong point, so I need help dating this pistol. It is a standard PP, there are no markings on it except for the serial number and maker code. It has a rough war finish, and there is no Walther legend on the left side. The number is 389337 P, and directly below it is the AC maker code. I can find no prood marks anywhere on the gun.
Any help that can be offered would be greatly welcomed.
thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the chance to buy a Walther PP chambered in 7.65mm. The serial number is 194402P.

Any idea on when it was made?

I dont have any pictures or anything else I can remember about it, just it had pearl style grips and the serial number.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
hello friends,
I have a Walther PP for sale, and I have a guy who wants to buy it, but he won't buy it unless I can prove that it is war time. Pistols are not my strong point, so I need help dating this pistol. It is a standard PP, there are no markings on it except for the serial number and maker code. It has a rough war finish, and there is no Walther legend on the left side. The number is 389337 P, and directly below it is the AC maker code. I can find no prood marks anywhere on the gun.
Any help that can be offered would be greatly welcomed.
thanks
Definitely made in 1945. If it has no proof marks it was probably captured at the Walther factory before the gun could be proofed. On some of these the numbers match...some they don't. These are often found without any finish and they don't always work correctly. In any case these are definitely collector's items... :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello guys could you help me to get the year and other infos regarding my walther pp.22 LR...the serial starts at 347xx LR...much appreciated for your help and reply

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Take a look on the ejection port. Beside the proof stamps (eagle/N and an antler for Ulm) there is a date stamp, either a two digit number (f.e. 65 means 1965) or a two digit letter code (A=0, K=9, no J! HG for example means 1976).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have to know Luis if it is a PP or PPK........ both guns used this serial number range...If a PP it would be a 1938..... If a PPK it would be a end of 1937, first of 1938

21 - 40 of 658 Posts