Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 658 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an early Walther PP in .32 ACP with the serial number #99471. Does anyone know how old it might be? It has "Interarms, Alex.VA" in small print stamped into the frame on the left side. Also a small German eagle stamped into the left side of the slide.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Can I use it with the Manurhin marked PPKs? So mine (N0. 2108XX) must be made around 1966?
If it is a PPKs, and it has a "S" suffix with the serial number it falls in the '74-76 time frame according to the serial number list that I have been putting together.

SteveM

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Can I use it with the Manurhin marked PPKs? So mine (N0. 2108XX) must be made around 1966?
No. The charts pertain only to the Model PP and Model PPK, and only to those in caliber 7.65mm. My unconfirmed belief is each chart includes both Walther and Manurhin pistols.

Other models, such as the PPK/s, and/or other calibers, had their own serial ranges. These two charts are of no help on those.

M

·
Registered
1 Posts
Walther PP SN help

I just got a hold of a Walther PP. Crown over N, Zella-Mehlis made SN 111xxx P. Can anyone tell me where to look up what year this was made, what magazine will fit in and if there is a market for original pre-war magazines?

thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Walther pp 1950's

Looking at a .380 from the 1950's, seems to function ok but are there any hidden things I should look at on a gun this old? Wanting it for home defense

·
Banned
1,543 Posts
There are, without a doubt, functioning Walther .380s PPKs and PPK/Ss available whether old or new manufacture.

I don't recall a PP unless it's the Super PP that is rather unavailable today.

The .380 was indeed an afterthought like the 9mm was the afterthought to the .30 Luger when that came out.

Now, if you have a working all the time .380 PPK or PPK/S in the Walther you have a prize and keep it or sell it for a mansion on Laguna Beach, CA.

My thoughts exactly. In .32 ACP the PP and PPK and PPK/S are rather standard except for today. Today no one makes a .32 ACP in PPK/S and if they say they do then try ordering one before a .380.

I'd be interested to see your results because I just wanted a functioning .32 ACP in PP or PPK or PPK/S to be happy.

I found it in the middle of nowhere:

I'm an over 50 retired Army veteran disabled and sort of know my guns at about this time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Am looking for when my ppk/s 32 acp was made the number on it is 252733S. I got it when my wifes father died and was wondering when an where is was made.
Thanks WIL

1 - 20 of 658 Posts