Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Great pick up. A good number of fans around here but the facts that there were not a lot around and ammo was very hard to find helped keep the PP Super off the radar even for a lot of Walther fans. Now that ammo is available prices are going up. They are very fun to shoot.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Loaded up some 9x18 Mak cases sized in 9 MM Dies with .355 90-95gr .380 bullets, worked like a champ! Feed, cycle, eject like they were made for it, fit the chamber perfectly. They end up looking like 9 Mak rounds cause the magazines are made for truncated bullets not round nose ones......so you have to seat round nose FMJ's little deeper than normal. Using .380 load data. Dimensions are generous enough that Mak cases fit the breech faces on ALL my .380's. CZ, 82/83's Sig 238, Browning BDA, Walther PPK, Colt 1908 and even my Husqvarna 1907. They won't chamber all the way in the .380's cause the case is tapered and bigger in diameter. Didn't anyone ever try using Mak cases sized in 9 MM Dies? No split or bulged cases like you would get using 380's in the 9 MM Ultra. Can't believe the gun looks brand new, 1974! Started reloading .380's and everything else since 1982ish. You almost can't tell the difference between Mak cases sized and loaded with 90, 95 JHP's and cast 100 gr bullets over the real 9 Ultra ammo! The gun can't!

·
Super Moderator
7,303 Posts
Passed on the first PPSuper due to the ammo issue, 40 years ago. I'll be keeping an eye open at gunshows (should they ever resume), and I read (Here?) that a .380 shellholder and 9mm dies will work on Super brass.
At least that's what I remember; don't spend money without further research.
Moon

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
In my case I had mine in the safe about a week after I shot Ronin's. RP surplus, no box, 1 mag from GB that was sub $500 all in and I couldn't be happier with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts