Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I'm having trouble figuring out the history of a recently acquired Walther PP, and was hoping somebody would be kind enough to aid me with this problem. On the Left side of the slide, this particular firearm is marked with the following: Waffenfabrik Walther, Zella-Mehlis (Thur) [written above] Walther's Patent Cal 7.65 m/m (so I know that it's 32 ACP) Mod PP - and of course, the WALTHER banner.
On the Right side of the slide there is only the crown symbol over a capitol N (which is also stamped on the right side of the barrel (seen through the ejection port). On the Right side on the frame is the serial number 92**45 (six numbers with no letters). The WALTHER banner is in 3 places...on the top of the plastic grips (on both sides), and on the left side of the slide as mentioned above.
I've looked at some of the images posted here that show serial numbers, and the most common one I see goes up to the line that shows serial range 430000-440000 / 1973-75. Does that mean that this thing is much newer? It looks much older, but I guess that might just be the condition of the firearm.
Anyways, I usually try to do as much of the researching as I can myself...but I feel like every time I try to look further into this gun, I just keep getting more and more confused. Any help anyone could provide me, be it in resources, or direct information/answers would be GREATLY appreciated. Some of my most pressing questions would be:
-What is this gun traditionally identified as (I understand that many of the varients are called different things)
-When was it manufactured?
-Where was it manufactured?
-Estimated Value in Good or Fair condition
-Anything else I should know...

Thank you ahead of time, to anyone that can provide some insight. I assure you that it is greatly appreciated.

-Jamie

·
Registered
17 Posts
Date of your PP

Jamie,
Based on your description and serial number, your pistol is a Pre-WW II model manufactured in 1936.

Dave L

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Welcome JamieK, sounds like you purchased an interesting PP. What we really need are a couple of good pictures showing both sides of the pistol. Then the experts can tell you prezackly what you have. M1911

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pictures

Thank you both for the assistance. I apologize, I should have included images with my initial post, but it completely slipped my mind. To lend a little context to why I'm asking, a friend of the family passed away, and I told his family that I would handle the firearms for them. This Walther is among them. Frankly, I'd love to add it to my collection, so I might try to work something out with them...but whether it ends up with me, or being sold, I just want to make sure I get them a fair price...and I am completely out of my league here. Your assistance in my endeavor is GREATLY appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Walther (Model) PP, made in Zella-Mehlis/Thuringa (Germany) probably in 1936.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You don't show any markings on the holster, but it is a police holster.
The pistol is a standard commercial variant.
Sarge

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I feel dumb!

Well I feel dumb! I looked for my original post the other day for what felt like 30 minutes, and couldn't for the life of me find it! The older I get, the more of 'those days' I feel like I have.

Anyways, thanks for all the great information guys. Anyone have an idea of their value? The group (gun, 2 mags, and holster) belongs to a friend whos husband passed away (they were his). I told her I'd deal with the firearms, and I'd LOVE this one for my collection...but I just want to make sure I get her a proper value. I have a couple books of 'firearm values' but as I'm sure all of you know, they are vague and subjective and vary from each other (and none list specifically this gun...unless I'm missing something). Should I just use them, or is it worth more? I want to try to make sure that the price she gets for it is close to what it's worth.

All of your help has been GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Jamie, both threads were brought together by Milspec to have all information in one thread. It's clearer, for you and for us as well. ;)

Sorry, I can't help value the set. German market is not compareable to the US-market.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts