Walther Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Late to this discussion but:

Decades ago I had a PPK/S in .380 and bought some OEM .32 mags at a gun show. The mags worked in the PPK/S but as they were flat would not hold open the slide.

Don’t know about the mag catch since my .380 used the standard button release. Still seems this is a rare piece, so shooting it will not enhance its value. The .380 Walthers are not that much fun to shoot anyway, outside of an ocassional plinking session.

If you must shoot a lot - buy a modern handgun.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I tried Numrich and ordered a mag that the web page said was pre-war no rib, but what what was sent had a rib so I returned it. I'll try again. Thank you so much for all the info. You folks are great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a similar piece. Mags are identical to ones you pictured. My 380 serial is 152052P just a bit earlier than yours. I could never find a specific Mfg Date but estimated late 1930's; maybe 1938 or 1939. I inherited mine from my father who was a WW2 vet. I seem to remember stories that he brought it back from the war.

I believe your example is in better shape than mine. Congratulations.

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
That's a beautiful looking rig. With two rare magazines for a rare and expensive gun, I would halt the search and enjoy what I had.

Are there any markings on the holster?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
There are some marks under the holster flap but I cannot make them out. I had no idea this gun is rare. It was my father in law's night stand gun. His wife had a .32acp PP as her night stand gun. I don't know how often they were used for practice. I was looking for extra mags because I was considering taking it to the range and didn't want to reload so often.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts