Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up this Walther in 2001 which included the original case, extra clip, cleaning rod, test card, instruction manual. Would like some input from fellow owners or collectors, dealers that have knowledge of date of manufacture. Has matching serial numbers of 426264 on the frame and upper slide. Pictures are in my profile album. Thanks in advance.

Premium Member
Post war PP in .32ACP. There should be two letters or two numbers visible through the ejection port with the date it was proofed. Looks like it has Bundeswehr acceptance markings on the frame and slide.

It looks like there are further markings on the right side of the frame to the rear of the trigger. Could you take a clearer picture of this area ?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
No #'s or letters visible through ejection port, added picture of right side with markings in question. Thanks for your help in advance.

Premium Member
I believe the "R-P in a circle" on the right side of your frame is a Rhine-Westphalia police property mark. So it looks like you have an ex-police gun. On many pistols that mark is overstamped with an "X".

I think I was wrong saying that the three "Eagle with drooping wings" was a Bundeswehr mark. Can you make out any letters or numbers between the eagles wings ?

You should have something like this visible through the ejection port :

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
No #'s or letters visible through ejection port. With magnifying glass the # on the slide and frame is the # 883 under eagle. Easier to make out # 883 on slide but a little harder to see on the frame, but they are the same # of 883.

Registered
I think I was wrong saying that the three "Eagle with drooping wings" was a Bundeswehr mark.
Correct, a fairly short-lived proof mark.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts