Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this site and would like some help with information about my handgun. I purchased a Walther PP in .380 at a gunshow back in 1978 with the following makings:

Right Slide: under ejection port- eagle over N. This same mark is visible on the barrel part as seen on the ejection port.

Right Frame: just behind the trigger is SN 1993XXP

Left Slide: Walther Banner, then Waffenfabrik Walther, ZellaMehlis (Thur.)
Walther's Patent Cal. 9m/m
Mod. PP
under the above is waffem mark WaA (with Eagle) 359

Left Frame: Waffen mark WaA (with Eagle) 359

Magazine is stamped with sn but is off by 12 digits, very close to the frame's number.

Most interesting part about this Walther is that is a bottom mag release model. I would rate the condition at 90% with a beautiful bore. I was told a while backt that is may be part of a small Luftwaffe run made back around 1940. A ball park figure on value will also be helpful.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
:D
I just found this site and would like some help with information about my handgun. I purchased a Walther PP in .380 at a gunshow back in 1978 with the following makings:

Right Slide: under ejection port- eagle over N. This same mark is visible on the barrel part as seen on the ejection port.

Right Frame: just behind the trigger is SN 1993XXP

Left Slide: Walther Banner, then Waffenfabrik Walther, ZellaMehlis (Thur.)
Walther's Patent Cal. 9m/m
Mod. PP
under the above is waffem mark WaA (with Eagle) 359

Left Frame: Waffen mark WaA (with Eagle) 359

Magazine is stamped with sn but is off by 12 digits, very close to the frame's number.

Most interesting part about this Walther is that is a bottom mag release model. I would rate the condition at 90% with a beautiful bore. I was told a while backt that is may be part of a small Luftwaffe run made back around 1940. A ball park figure on value will also be helpful.
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on a super great find! :)

Your pistol is a WWII Walther PP 9mmk military issue. The Eagle/359 "Waffenamt" stamp was applied by Nazi Weapons Office inspectors assigned to the Walther factory. About 1800 of these pistols in the Serial# range of 198000P - 208000P were purchased for issue to the Army, Luftwaffe, and Waffen SS. All WWII 9mmk Walther PP's will have the bottom magazine release...even those made in 1945.

Unfortunately, there's no spot market on Nazi 9mmK military PP's. Without seeing it I'd say it's "worth" $1,500 - $2,500...give or take $500 or so. Might be able to do better with some pictures... :D

Milspec

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Milspec for your reply. I want to post pictures but for some reason the bottom of the screen says I cannot post attachments or edit the post. Must be because of my low post number.:(

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Nope. You should be able to post; the number of comments has no bearing on it. Take a look at the How to Post Photos ... thread in the Housekeeping sub-section and see if that doesn't unlock the door for you.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My apologies but there's no contact information for the OP. But, if your objective is possibly to sell it, I might be interested, especially if some trading could be done. I have a post in the trading section, probably second page by now, "Want to trade for Walther in FL". This is one of my two main interests - the other being a PP in .22. I'll be away for a couple of days so you won't hear much from me until Sat. Heading for the airport now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Searcher

Thanks for helping the new kid on the block, I should have read that section.:eek:

Here are some pictures of my gun:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My apologies but there's no contact information for the OP. But, if your objective is possibly to sell it, I might be interested, especially if some trading could be done. I have a post in the trading section, probably second page by now, "Want to trade for Walther in FL". This is one of my two main interests - the other being a PP in .22. I'll be away for a couple of days so you won't hear much from me until Sat. Heading for the airport now.
At least for now, I'm not interested in selling this little guy. I just want to know as much as possible about it.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
You have an absolutely beautiful WWII Walther 9mmk military PP…thank you for the excellent photos… :)

You may have noticed that the “Waffenamt” (military acceptance) stamps on your pistol don’t match. The frame is stamped E/WaA359 but the slide looks more like E/Wa356. Jan Still’s book, Axis Pistols, shows a 9mmk military PP with Waffenamts like yours. The “9” on your slide was stamped at a slight angle so it looks more like a “6”…but it’s definitely the same stamp as in the book. In other words, the mismatched Waffenamts means your gun is correctly marked… ;)

With so many nice Walthers and other formally hard-to-find guns hitting the market there’s a lot of competition for collectors’ dollars these days. For example, you can find 98% RZM PPK’s on the market now at reasonable prices – unheard of for the past ten years. I’d recommend insuring your gun for $2,500. Since you’re not interested in selling now current online sales prices aren’t all that important. If you ever do want to sell it please consider posting it here. I’d certainly rather have your Walther than a James Bond replica PPK… :D

Milspec

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Here's a link to a Walther PP 9mmk E/WaA359 listed on Simpson Ltd webite at $2,650 [SOLD]. I copied the information in case they remove the link... :)

Simpson Ltd. Inventory Number - D10155 WALTHER PP; 380 acp; 94% blue, excellent bore, good grips, 3.75'' barrel,

"Scarce 380 acp (9mm Kurz) caliber Nazi proofed WaA359. Eagle N proofs. Bottom magazine release. Proper magazine is numbered 202482., s/n 2022xxP Price $2,650.00

http://www.simpsonltd.com/product_info.php?products_id=17131

Milspec :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Milspec

Thanks for the additional info. I apologize for not answering you sooner but I've been tied up with the wife's to- do -list:(. I didn't notice the difference in the 6 and 9 until you mentioned it. I have to go back into the safe and dig the gun out for a magnified examination. Amazing as I carried this gun as an off-duty weapon for a couple of years until a fellow police officer (and collector) told me to make it a safe queen. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
:D

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on a super great find! :)

Your pistol is a WWII Walther PP 9mmk military issue. The Eagle/359 "Waffenamt" stamp was applied by Nazi Weapons Office inspectors assigned to the Walther factory. About 1800 of these pistols in the Serial# range of 198000P - 208000P were purchased for issue to the Army, Luftwaffe, and Waffen SS. All WWII 9mmk Walther PP's will have the bottom magazine release...even those made in 1945.

Unfortunately, there's no spot market on Nazi 9mmK military PP's. Without seeing it I'd say it's "worth" $1,500 - $2,500...give or take $500 or so. Might be able to do better with some pictures... :D

Milspec
I have a PP very similar with serial#2237XXP with all of those same characteristics but the mag release is not on the bottom, its on the side.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
That means, your gun is chambered in 7,65mm, not in 9mm kurz.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts