Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
Can u help me with barrels blueprints or tell me diferents in dimensions between .32 and .380?

·
Registered
9,943 Posts
I expect all .32 barrels for any PP pistol will measure the same and all .380 barrels will be the same. Whether or not they are both the same od at the muzzle I don't know but I will put some calipers on all three. .22, .32 and .380. 1917

·
Registered
9,943 Posts
Here is what I come up with measuring the outside diameter of the barrels near the muzzle. The PP .22 and .32 measure the same: 0.450". With my old digital caliper that varies just a bit...might be 0.452 one time, 0.451 the next but the most accurate seems to be 0.450". The .380 measures 0.477". Same thing with that one, I don't have a high end dial caliper where I can apply prezackly the same amt of tightness each time but this should get you close. Oh, I could have done those in mm........but you can convert.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is what I come up with measuring the outside diameter of the barrels near the muzzle. The PP .22 and .32 measure the same: 0.450". With my old digital caliper that varies just a bit...might be 0.452 one time, 0.451 the next but the most accurate seems to be 0.450". The .380 measures 0.477". Same thing with that one, I don't have a high end dial caliper where I can apply prezackly the same amt of tightness each time but this should get you close. Oh, I could have done those in mm........but you can convert.
Very-very big thank you!

·
Super Moderator
7,359 Posts
Okay, Mammon, what are you up to (the world wonders)? ;)
Moon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, Mammon, what are you up to (the world wonders)? ;)
Moon
While I am interested in the possibility of conversion from one caliber to another and the compatibility of the barrels PP and PPK.
And as I understand it, the barrel from PP in PPK - yes; Replacing the barrel of the .380 caliber with the barrel of the .32-yes too, but apparently the slide of the .380 caliber is incompatible with the caliber of .32 due to the larger front hole.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Barrel swaps on the PP series are no casual matter. They don't just pop out of the frame. You are better off getting a pistol in the caliber you want and going from there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts