Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm thinking about buying this--serial number 49306LR...Appears to be after marked nickel, two magazines, original factory grip panels and after market mother of pearl grips. The $800 price seems a bit steep...any comments?

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
I bought a .32 PP for $318, a like new PP .22 with two mags, box and all for $500 about a year ago. I think the price is too high unless I'm missing something. The pistol sure is shiny and the import stamp seems to have been buffed away a bit. Has it been re-blued? The frame as seen through the ejection port is usually white steel. I think there are plenty of examples of like new PP .22 pistols for that price range that come with mags and the box. You might have a look at Simpson's Ltd to get a comparison in fit, finish and price. The grips don't do anything for me but that is a personal observation. Good luck. 1917

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a .32 PP for $318, a like new PP .22...
Yes, it has been re-nickled (if there is such a term) and yes, the grips are hideous. I'm going to forget this one and keep looking for a 32 ACP version. I think the price is way out of line. There are several of them out there (32 ACPs) between Gunbroker, Armslist and Guns International. Just a matter of biding my time and waiting for the right one to appear.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Yes, hit the local gun shops...you never know what you might find. Also check the for sale section here. I've bought a couple of beauties from Members here. Visit Simpsons if you get a chance and look around on-line. They don't give them away but it is a good place to look at what your are looking for so that you will know it when you see it. An $800 pistol should look brand new unless it is something old....like before the war or during. German police and other carried the .32 PP and after Munich moved up to 9mm from what I know. This places a lot of PP .32 cal pistols on the market and good deals can still be found. It isn't a popular self defense caliber in the US but that is OK with me. The 9mm kurz isn't either to many and PP pistols in that caliber kick like a mule. Mine was missing the ejector spring....shop owner said it was an extra part and not necessary...I got a good laugh out of that and promptly offered $100 less than the asking price....due to missing parts. A few new parts showed up in the mail a couple of days later from a Member here free of charge or even asking and all was well in short order. 1917

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The Walther PP in the OP's post is worth considerably less than the asking price because of the refinishing. For $600 and up he can find a nicer Walther PP in .22 l.r. or PP Sport. Those little guns are fun plinkers and I enjoy using the .22 PP as a "warm up gun" when I go to the range.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
For example. WTS: PP from 73 Here is a nice PP in .32 that Pilkguns is selling or has sold. He is straight shooter.....I wouldn't hesitate to purchase any firearm from him.. I was sort of thinking he might have several of these for sale. He is in TN. 1917

·
Registered
729 Posts
There are a bunch of original condition .22 Walther PP pistols on Simpson's site. Much better than than one for a little less money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts