Walther Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the Walther plate and just installed Nite Fision Costa Ludus sights (lower than suppressor height). They cowitness right at the bottom edge of the window on my 407CO...still visible enough to be useful if needed, but out of the way otherwise.

NIGHT FISION OFFICIAL COSTA LUDUS NIGHT SIGHTS - Night Fision

View attachment 102185

Crappy pic, but it gives an idea. When the sights are lined up, the front is lower in the window.
View attachment 102186
How do you like the Costas? Did you need to file the rear sight before installing? How is the quality compared to other sites? I am thinking about ordering the accur8’s.

·
Registered
18 Posts
How do you like the Costas? Did you need to file the rear sight before installing? How is the quality compared to other sites? I am thinking about ordering the accur8’s.

I like them, no issues. No need to file the rear, I installed mine with my old P500 sight tool but it would have probably went in with either just a nylon hammer or a brass punch/hammer.

Quality wise, I've got Night Fissions on three of my P10's, and two VP9's and carried them on duty for a couple of years...never had any issues. They've been as reliable as any other sights (Trijicon, AmeriGlo, etc.) I've used.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My accur8’s came in, I opted for the white front ring. They are very nice quality and that white glows in the sun. I did not have to file mine either.

Mine co witness right at the very bottom of my 507c, so much so that I can barely line up the sights. I am still trying adjust to the green acss reticle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The rear sight is partially obstructed by the part of the 507c that is angled back, it is odd but it also helps as well as the bottom of the front tritium sight sits right on top of the angled part of the 507c when the tops of the rear and front sight are aligned. I find that it really helps me having that obstruction as it is easier to align than my other straight eight sites.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Ameriglo GL-511 sights arrived and I used my NcStar sight pusher to remove the OEM Rear sight from Right to Left and then installed the Ameriglo GL-511 from Left to Right. Does it make a difference which direction you go, I don't know, but I the method above works just fine. I was also lucky in that I was able to push the Ameriglo's in roughly one third of the with my fingers so I didn't have to do any sanding.

To the OP.... Owning your own sight pusher not only allows you to install your own sights but it also is helpful if you should ever need to drift your sights to get POA=POI. For what it costs to have your local gun shop to install sights on one or two handguns, you can own your own sight pusher.

As I said earlier, I could just barely see the tops of the OEM sights with my 507C, but I wouldn't want to rely on that in a high stress environment. On the other hand. I didn't want my backup sights taking up a lot of the window either so I decided to shoot for a lower 1/4 cowitness. The Ameriglo Front sights I used are .315 inch tall and it looks like I'm pretty close to my target cowitness of 1/4. Here are a couple of photos so you can see what it looks like.

View attachment 98074

View attachment 98075
That sure looks really good! Thank you for the site numbers and brand name.
With the mechanical sites aligned is it right on target? Do you have a pic of where the red dot is in the window when the sites are aligned?

41 - 45 of 45 Posts