Walther Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I have both. Both excellent, Canik saves you 150-180 to spend on magazines.
Comparing SFT to PDP Full 4.5" - direct comparison:
Canik advantage is smaller red dot footprint, magwell.
Walther advantage is "feel", no loaded chamber indicator on top of slide (optics splatter)

Others subjective.

Reactions: Kobiela

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have both. Both excellent, Canik saves you 150-180 to spend on magazines.
Comparing SFT to PDP Full 4.5" - direct comparison:
Canik advantage is smaller red dot footprint, magwell.
Walther advantage is "feel", no loaded chamber indicator on top of slide (optics splatter)

Others subjective.
Thanks.
Did you have any problems with them?

What if you only had to choose one?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have both as well.

Canik pluses
-Stock sights work with micro red dot
-Complete kit comes with adapter plates, IWB/OWB holster, cleaning tools, screws and tools for all plates
-Cocked striker indicator
-$125 lower price point
-Slightly better stock sights
-If you are a Walther P99 fan, you'll like this
-Can be completely disassembled with a single tool that is included

PDP pluses
-Slightly better trigger
-Very slightly better grip
-Much better slide serrations
-If you are a Walther PPQ fan, you'll like this

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Thanks.
Did you have any problems with them?

What if you only had to choose one?
No issues whatsoever from round 1.
I had already purchased my 4.5 full size PDP and 4" Compact before the METEs came out because I got tired of waiting for them. They were promised last year, and sure enough, right after I bought them the METE became available 😜 so I had to buy them. I would keep the Walthers if I had to give some up 😉

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have both as well.

Canik pluses
-Stock sights work with micro red dot
-Complete kit comes with adapter plates, IWB/OWB holster, cleaning tools, screws and tools for all plates
-Cocked striker indicator
-$125 lower price point
-Slightly better stock sights
-If you are a Walther P99 fan, you'll like this
-Can be completely disassembled with a single tool that is included

PDP pluses
-Slightly better trigger
-Very slightly better grip
-Much better slide serrations
-If you are a Walther PPQ fan, you'll like this
Thank You. Great answer. Now I have a dilemma. Could you please send me some photos of walther pdp and mete sft together?
No issues whatsoever from round 1.
I had already purchased my 4.5 full size PDP and 4" Compact before the METEs came out because I got tired of waiting for them. They were promised last year, and sure enough, right after I bought them the METE became available 😜 so I had to buy them. I would keep the Walthers if I had to give some up 😉
Now I have a dilemma. Could you please send me some photos of walther pdp and mete sft together?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Missed this last week, haven't watched yet so don't know his conclusion.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Watched it and made this comment on it:

Nice review, thanks for doing. I own both. One statement you made is incorrect. The mini Red Dot optic on the Walther PDP does NOT screw into the slide. It screws into the plate. The PLATE screws into the slide using the screws that held the cover in place. Then you attach the optic to the slide using the proper length screws - or you will break the plate (ask me how I know). The optic is only held by the plate. The plate is only held by the slide screws. A lot of scuttlebutt when it came out that it is not secure and will break. But so far there have been no instances of it happening and Walther even put out a paper saying how it is fine. https://waltherarms.com/2021/03/15/walther-pdp-optic-plate-stress-test/ As for the METE Optics options, yes the plates that come with it are for the mini RDS Footprint. But that doesn't mean someone won't come out with an option. I have a Swampfox Sentinel mounted on one, and a Holosun 507K mounted on the other and don't find that the window is too small.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I own a Canik TP9 Elite SC, and a PPS. Very excited when I learned of both the Mete and PDP. I’ve not shot either but have fondled them both 🤐, I think for me it is really what is it going to be used for? Home gun/battle gun for me so I really do think I want a regular size dot for it. So I am going to go PDP. I think both are great, and part of me will be sad either way I go on it.

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
I would choose the Walther. It's a brand that I trust and have a lot of experience with. I refuse to purchase anything made in Turkey.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts