Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Walther P99T is well known in Russia for superior design and magazine capacity that exceeds all other offers on the market.

"T" means "traumatic" for P99T is a gas pistol that can fire traumatic bullets.
However at the same time it's the worst pistol on the market, see for yourself:

There're also lots of P22T pictures, but they would be off-topic.

The slide brakes up and fly back right into shooter's forehead, which is a very common problem for P99T...

It uses italian Fiocci ammo and russian ammo(Techkrim, NPZ).
Italian ammo is of the best quality, but of the weakest power. Russian ammo is more powerful but of less quality. However accidents occure even when you use italian ammunition.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Well, being an airgun - they probably don't put as much care into it. Its not built to the same specs as the original P99. Uramex makes them too, I believe.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Oh my word - that's an AIRGUN?!

I've never seen a P22 field-stripped... i just assumed the pics were of a real gun, not some knock-off toy.

Ok - count me among the people that arent too concerned if an Airsoft gun isn't reliable. ;)

thorn

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I notice that the P22T's slide has cuts in it like a compensator...I am sure that this does not add strength to the pot metal slide...no wonder it broke.:(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please enlighten me on the P99T and traumatic bullets....
Walther P99T supplied to Russian Federation only and is certified as "gas gun, able to shoot traumatic bullets". Traumatic cartridges caliber 10x22 with rubber bullet, has about 30-50 Joules.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, being an airgun - they probably don't put as much care into it. Its not built to the same specs as the original P99. Uramex makes them too, I believe.

It's not an airgun. P99T(traumatic) utilizes normal gun powder cartridges like these from one of the main russian suppliers:

http://www.techcrim.ru/cat/travmbullets/nonlethal/10x22t_cartridge.html

however its barrel is made the way to forbid shooting "hard bullet".

I wonder if it's possible to contact weapon manufacturers to change anything? I'd like to buy a high quality and reliable german pistol rather than russian "hand-made" Makarov or Tokarev, but I can't. I want to live and not to get killed by my own's pistol's slide :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I notice that the P22T's slide has cuts in it like a compensator...I am sure that this does not add strength to the pot metal slide...no wonder it broke.:(
These "cuts" are made by weapon manufacturer to meet licensing requests on first versions of P22T. Discontinued.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I would not be surprised the least if this is another Umarex product.......
ala P99-PAK, P22 and so forth......

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sorry, but after looking at the pictures I would be more inclined to believe the problem lies elsewhere. If you'll notice the breakages are at the end of the frame near the muzzle, and at the extreme rear behind the sear. Not anywhere else.

Could we possibly have had an overpressure round of ammo, or a barrel obstruction? This looks like a classic kaboom rather than a hardware failure.

·
Banned
154 Posts
Sorry, but after looking at the pictures I would be more inclined to believe the problem lies elsewhere. If you'll notice the breakages are at the end of the frame near the muzzle, and at the extreme rear behind the sear. Not anywhere else.

Could we possibly have had an overpressure round of ammo, or a barrel obstruction? This looks like a classic kaboom rather than a hardware failure.

Also I notice the rear of the slide appears to be sawed off as opposed to being broken off.

·
Patron
212 Posts
Dobre pozhalovit v Rossiyu.......... :rolleyes:

;)

Maybe someone tried to fire some type of live (regualr) ammo from it??

Mozhet bit?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts