Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the Walther P99c in 9mm, however, I have several questions for those who own one:

1. Warranty, how long?
2. Can the P99c 9mm handle +P, Does MFG. discourage +P?
3. This gun only weights 18.7 oz. empty, is felt recoil more or less than a S&W 340 with a std .38 load, or closer to .38+P?
4. If you could turn back the clock, would you buy this gun again?

My concern for recoil stems from a elbow injury, however, I am looking for a smaller, reliable carry gun which would get minimal range time once comfortable with it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm looking at the Walther P99c in 9mm, however, I have several questions for those who own one:

1. Warranty, how long?
2. Can the P99c 9mm handle +P, Does MFG. discourage +P?
3. This gun only weights 18.7 oz. empty, is felt recoil more or less than a S&W 340 with a std .38 load, or closer to .38+P?
4. If you could turn back the clock, would you buy this gun again?

My concern for recoil stems from a elbow injury, however, I am looking for a smaller, reliable carry gun which would get minimal range time once comfortable with it.
1. I believe that the warranty is one year.

2. I believe that it can, but is not encouraged to use as practice ammo. I may be wrong and am sure will be corrected by the more experienced Walther members on the Forum.

3. Recoil is much, much less. I have a S&W 642, there is no comparison and I am recoil sensitive.

4. I love the gun, particularly the P99 with the AS trigger. It was perfect right out of the box. Very accurate, comfortable and reliable. It is also light and small enough for pocket carry in a MIka pocket holster in cargo shorts and pants, if you don't like IWB carry. In short, I really could not be happier with my decision to buy the P99c.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

Ron

Ron

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I too own a P99c and would not get rid of it for anything...I would recommend it to anyone...I don't find the recoil to be a problem...as to minimal range time? I think once you get it you will change your mind...:D

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I never shot +p loads... so I can't answer you that question.....
If I could turn back time ... I would buy 2 at the price I got my 1st one.....The official warranty is one year... however with S&W being the service center for Walther in the USA, one should not worry about the warranty....
Germans never have been big on lifetime warranties.... look at H&K's.... till a few years ago they did not offer a lifetime warranty.....neither did German car manufacturers offer the extended service on their vehicles till recent years....
can't compare the P99c to any revolvers as I don't have any......

·
Registered
335 Posts
1. One Year (thru S&W & that's a good thing)
2. Yep.. I think any high quality 9mm pistol will handle a reasonable amount of +p's, but most manufacturers shy away from telling you that. Obviously any additional increase in the pressure of the round will accelerate wear, just as increased speed in your automobile will increase wear or in anything else.. I shoot cheap ww stuff when plinking, carry +p CorBons when carrying..
3. Less (I have a 638)
4. Yes. In fact only a couple of months after purchasing my P99c/AS I bought a full size P99/AS.. If there were such a thing as a super-sized P99/AS I'd probably buy one of those too.. :D

Freebee:

Get the "AS" model.

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts