Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
That is little comfort for some of the people on this forum.
I don't want to sound like a jerk, but... its really just double action/single action. I don't see where the confusion is. :confused:

Heck, I bought my P99 because of the AS trigger system. I wanted DA/SA in a relatively small and comparably light package, the P99c was the only thing I could find that fit the bill.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
These posts and threads more than likely contribute to people believing the AS trigger system is complicated. Heck, just the word system might do it for some.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Nothing complicated about my P99C. :D

·
Premium Member
13,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Anybody that can walk and chew gum at the same time can certainly get the hang of the P99 AS trigger system. REALLY. All you need is an actual gun in your hand and the instructions/description in post 1.......2 minutes later, you're an x-spurt.:D

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
SW99 45 cal. by Walther

Thanks! this is the first time that I'm hearing about the SW99 in 45 caliber. Some how it got past me. I will look it as soon as I finish with message.

Back in the day while fighting against the Viet Cong and the regular NVA Army, we Officers and Non Commissioned Officers were issued the 1911 Colt 45 Automatic. In close quarter combat the 1911 proved to be a very effective man stopper. One shot, one kill. It could also take quite a beating in the bush (aka jungle). the 45 caliber round is as good as they come. Devastating.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dear Imaoldfart, I just completed printing out your breakdown of the AS trigger guide. Very well done, sir. Your detailed, informative guide should prove to be very handy when I start practicing with the P99c's various trigger modes. Thanks for taking the time in putting it together.

·
Premium Member
13,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
My pleasure.....that's what this forum is all about....helping and assisting. Sometimes cracking a joke.

Yes, the SW99 45 is a fine weapon...I have one of those too.....have carried it many times. Had to make my own IWB holster, as aftermarket holsters for this pistol are almost non-existent. This pistol is also pretty hard to find...just keep looking, as they DO show up from time to time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
IWB Leather Holster for the P99c AS 3.5" Barrel

Could any (or all) members of the forum recommend a well made IWB leather holster for the P99c AS pistol that I'm buying? I came across the Bianchi 19222 100 professional sold by Safariland, that I really liked, but on their model chart it stated that it only fit the 4" P99 AS. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appriciated. Thanks.
P.S. Price is not an issue.

Fear is the Mother of Courage

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Check out some of the supporting vendors.

From what I understand a P99C will fit in a P99 holster, but a P99 will not fit in a P99C holster.

·
Premium Member
8,500 Posts
Tommy Theis makes great IWB hybrid holsters for the P99c and he is a vendor here:
https://theisholsters.com/
They are extremely comfortable....I'm wearing my Q45 in one now and can't tell it is there.

For an all leather holster Wright Leatherworks makes holsters that can't be beat. While they don't show the P99c on their drop down Brandon will build you one if you contact him with the barrel length. Turn around is about 2 to 2.5 months but it is well worth it for the product they turn out. I have their Cobra for my Q45 and love it. I have a Regulator ordered for my P99c and will report when it arrives.
Leather Concealed Carry Holsters & Belts | Wright Leather Works LLC

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yesterday, after spending a number of hours on the computer, I came across a web site called Tactical Gear. I found a beautiful five star iwb brown leather holster that would accommodate a 3.5" barrel. It is made by Blackhawk, and retails for $52.99. It should work very nicely with the P99c. I now have it being held in Tactical's shopping cart.
Again, I want to thank all of you for your input and knowledgeable advice. I must say you are all quite savvy in all matters pertaining to Walther firearms. I'm very glad I joined the forum.

·
Registered
772 Posts
May I ask why a post suggesting pulling the trigger to get into a "carry mode" is a sticky? What a crazy dangerous suggestion!

Is Waltherforums prepared to pay out when someone gets hurt killed taking the official advice stickied on this website?

The factory manual specifically warns against the behavior posted in the OP.

·
Premium Member
13,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
May I ask why a post suggesting pulling the trigger to get into a "carry mode" is a sticky? What a crazy dangerous suggestion!

Is Waltherforums prepared to pay out when someone gets hurt killed taking the official advice stickied on this website?
Handy, read it again......you're making poop up. THERE IS NO 'CARRY MODE', only AS mode, SA mode and DA mode. Most people carry the P99 is DA mode. And, the beauty of this trigger system, is that after you fire off one round in DA mode, the trigger automatically resets to SA mode for all follow up shots.

So, carry that puppy in any mode you like.....it's YOUR decision.

OH, and note the original last line of the 'first' post.....looks like you missed it.

This trigger system has only one carry mode, with the trigger fully forward and the striker will not protrude from the

Hey, you asked.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Handy, read it again......you're making poop up. THERE IS NO 'CARRY MODE', only AS mode, SA mode and DA mode. Most people carry the P99 is DA mode. And, the beauty of this trigger system, is that after you fire off one round in DA mode, the trigger automatically resets to SA mode for all follow up shots.

So, carry that puppy in any mode you like.....it's YOUR decision.

OH, and note the original last line of the 'first' post.....looks like you missed it.

This trigger system has only one carry mode, with the trigger fully forward and the striker will not protrude from the

Hey, you asked.
Then why does your post clearly say:

imaoldfart said:
The AS trigger system of the Walther P99 has three possible carry modes:
And:
imaoldfart said:
The SA mode of carry for the P99 AS is Single Action.

·
Premium Member
13,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
You can't be serious.

Once again: This trigger system has only one carry mode, with the trigger fully forward and the striker will not protrude from the end cap.

It helps to read and understand the entire post. Its simply a description of the three trigger modes of the P99 AS trigger system. That's it.....nothing more. NO recommendations here as to which mode someone chooses to carry their P99....its a personal decision. BUT FIRST, one has to understand the system.....and THAT's what this is all about.

You can carry your P99 in any mode you prefer....its YOUR call.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I do not understand why you would say that they are "carry modes" and then think you are being clear by later saying something that is inconsistent with what you already said.

If you want to write about "trigger modes", you might want to not use the word "carry".

Which is a separate problem from your suggestion that staging the AS trigger into SA is an acceptable practice with a loaded firearm.

But really, people write all sorts of crazy stuff on gun websites all the time. I'm just upset that the staff of Waltherforums would legitimize your dangerous suggestions by making it into a sticky. Your conflicting statements about what is or isn't a carry mode isn't going to get them off the hook if someone reads your post as written and acts on it.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
One of the beauties of the P99 over nearly every other striker fired handgun is that in most of its versions it has a decocker and can be carried in DA or SA mode, with the trigger in Anti-Stress or full SA mode. How one carries ANY weapon is entirely up to that person and their responsibility. Heck on 1911s I knew people who carried in Condition 1, Condition 2, and even in Condition 3 and all had reasons and arguments for why their mode was best. There are even still arguments online about whether its advisable to carry a gun with a round chambered or not.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts