Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a small quantity of the new Walther P99 rail adapters. See the attached photo, which is found in another thread. The adapter itself, and its box, bears the "Walther" banner.

Anyway, my contact at Carl Walther told me that it is made by Umarex (the parent company of Carl Walther) for the CO2 version of the P99. Its part number, 2.1663, is apparently indicative of Umarex. It does fit the P99, quite well.

Due to the limited amount of space in front of the trigger guard, the adapter will not accommodate the M3 light, and similar ones like the M3X, M3-LED, M6, M6-LED, and X200. It probably will fit the M5, though.

If anyone with an M5 wants to give one of these a try, let me know. I'll send one to you.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Thanks for the report!! Is the adapter made from plastic or metal?

I'm curious about why it is made for the CP99. My CP99 already has the 1913 type rail system. However it only has one cross slot, where as this adapter has 4. Maybe that's why. Is this adapter made to fit into the P99 rail system or the 1913 type rail system or both?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The CP99 at the following page has the same (proprietary) rail as the pre-2004 P99: http://waltherairguns.com/

The adapter is made of metal, but it's not easy to tell whether it is steel, aluminum, or some other alloy (zinc?).

Also, the following photo is of a CP99, not a P99, for two reasons.

You'll find it here: http://www.kaehny.de/export/ppk.htm

First, the P99 doesn't have a mold line down the center inside of the trigger guard. Second, the flat area on the frame, at the right of the photo, should have an oval thingie with "Carl Walther" and "Ulm/Do" on it. The "C" of "CP99" was most likely Photoshop'ed away.

Anyway, if you want one, simply send to me your address to try.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I think that picture of the olive drab framed CP99 is wrong. I think someone photoshopped that because I've never seen a CP99 in real life with out the 1913 style rail. My friend has an OD CP99 and it has the 1913 rail. I have an all black CP99 and it has the 1913 rail. If you go to this web page: Walther air pistols You'll see that all of the CP99's have the 1913 type rail, except for the Olive Drab framed one.

The photo above I believe is actually a air soft gun and not a CO2. The air soft gun frames are made similar to the real guns. I picked up a cheap air soft at a gun show last week and it came with a tri-rail adapter that fits up around the slide, similar to the one seen on the page I just gave a link to. However it isn't mil-spec and it is made out of plastic. It will fit the P99 though. I'll see if I can post a picture of it this weekend.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Don't feel bad, I'm right there with you! I'm not very clear on the air guns either. I like playing with them, just like the real ones, but there are so many varieties of them that its hard to keep them straight. The only reason I may know about this is because I just became interested in the airsoft type guns about a month ago.

That O.D. CP99 still baffles me though. I wonder if that one with the "Walther Rail" is real or fake.

·
Registered
93 Posts
We made these pictures with an P99 Grip part.
This adapter fits on the real P99 (also S&W P99), the CP99 and the blank and airsoft versions of the P99.
the part is made of metal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts