Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My P99QA had to be sent back to the factory for repair after just 500 rounds. Occasionally the trigger would not reset. They replaced the striker assembly.

Anyone have this kind of problem with their P99. I have now lost confidence in the P99. I know that's silly but......

comacho

·
Registered
539 Posts
I can understand you lost your confidence in your gun. Truth of the matter is that most mechanical systems can fail sometimes. Overall these guns seem quite reliable, probably on par or better with comparably priced guns. Fire plenty of rounds with your repaired gun and you'll regain your confidence. If it breaks again, well, that's another question

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same problem and sent mine back twice.  Walther said nothing was wrong but just happen to replace the striker. Works perfect now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
had the same problem with my p99qa failed to return sticker
e-mail walther to complain requested new gun we will see?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, Here we go again. My P99 QA came back from S&W and exhibited the same problem as before, after 100 rounds of use.

Of course customer service says they've had no rash of problems with the P99QA. Hmmmm

I no longer trust this firearm for carry. I told customer service that even though S&W was covering freight both ways, it was getting pretty expensive to put enough rounds through the pistol so that I will feel safe carrying it.

comacho

·
Registered
358 Posts
Bahh 2500 rounds... you lazy people thats not much bullets you should be ashamed you dont shoot more.
I got the standard p99 and a p990. The P990 has probably had about 1000 rounds, the p99 (my carry the other is one I own but I dont shoot often) The p99 has probably breached 5000 rounds and I still have ZERO issues.

My best friend has two HK's his standard USP 9mm has a little more through it and no issues. However his buddy had his HK break after 400 rounds. Im sure most of you know how damn good a HK is in reliablility.

I have had one Jam in my whole life and it was due to a deformed bullet going into the chamber. Not the guns fault. Did I mention nither Walther has jammed?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Sorry to hear your problems Comacho, I cannot help but think the technician and S&W just did not understand what needed to be corrected to fix your problem. The QA is a very complicated mechanism, sometimes these guys think they know what's wrong and slap it back together and send it back. Sounds to me like something is keeping one of the smaller springs from resetting the trigger, something is hanging up. Send it back and make sure they pay the shipping and someone there will get it right eventually, then you will have a great pistol. I just passed the 700 rd. mark with my QA with "0" malfunctions and the greatest accuracy I have ever shot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
still waiting for my p99qa wain roberts firearms the shop i purchased gun from taking there sweet ass time sending in to walther was told walther factory closes for 1 week during holidays so they waited to send it go figure didnt even shoot 300rds before sticker failed to return not what i expected from walther supposed quality hope it's just a flook let you guys know if walther fixes problem

1 - 20 of 33 Posts