Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best Price I can find locally is $579 at Bass Pro, maybe $569 at A&P Arms. Given the current prices on XDs, I think it sounds OK. I'm looking for a QA, by the way.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i dunno if you have gun shows in your area, but when they come around here (South Louisiana) I can get a P99 - any trigger/ NIB - for $450

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[b said:
Quote[/b] (noj @ Oct. 29 2006,5:28)]i dunno if you have gun shows in your area, but when they come around here (South Louisiana) I can get a P99 - any trigger/ NIB - for $450
That sounds good. I will look into that.

How much to get into a gun show?

·
Registered
75 Posts
down here its $5 - when I was in Fort Worth i think i paid $7

·
Registered
333 Posts
FWIW:

I placed an order with my local ffl dealer for a P99c AS earlier today..

I don't think the price I paid was the absolute best deal I could have gotten, but at $571.00 drive out, I didn't feel hosed, and my local dealer got a fair profit. (Our local sales tax is 7% but the price I paid included that...)

Sometimes it's worth paying a bit more to keep the locals in business...

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
that's fair price IMHO......
and you are right.. keep the locals happy too.........
I for that reason I don't go to Wally world to buy ammo neither...
the only ammo I order online is for my PP Super 9x18ultra

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
I see them frpm $515 up tp $549. Most are around $560 or so in Texas. When I was REALLY searching for an A/S fullsize (I won't buy w/o seeing a gun in person), I wouldn't have paid more than $600.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[b said:
Quote[/b] (uncut @ Nov. 03 2006,9:49)]that's fair price IMHO......
and you are right.. keep the locals happy too.........
I for that reason I don't go to Wally world to buy ammo neither...
the only ammo I order online is for my PP Super 9x18ultra
I appreciate your input.

On a side note:

I don't get the constant hate threads I see online regarding WalMart.

They sell the same cheap crap from China that everyone else sells. If I bought American, I could afford one half--if that-- of what WalMart sells. I assume this is the jist of the wally world hate threads.

A fact of life is that mom and pop can't compete with the big boys.

On the bright side, as does water, everything else in life seeks its own level. If mom and pop are meant to prevail--they will.

Americans need to choose between having lots of cheap stuff or getting by with what they can afford (as made by their fellow Americans).

And, now to get back off topic, Walthers ARE NOT made in America--they are IMPORTED into America. I am not that gun-savvy but, to my knowledge, not many desirable guns ARE made in America--if any. I, of course, welcome enlightenment as I have a narrow view of what is "desirable."

I have an XD.
I am going to purchase a Walther and a Beretta.

After that, I don't know. But, my search criteria won't be restricted to "Made in America."

And this is coming from a person who tells people "We are not the cheapest surveyors in town--and, we don't want that reputation."

No offense meant to Wally World haters.

·
Registered
108 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (noj @ Oct. 29 2006,5:28)]i dunno if you have gun shows in your area, but when they come around here (South Louisiana) I can get a P99 - any trigger/ NIB - for $450
I'm curious - where do you live? I'm in eastern Nebraska (Omaha) and gun shows usually feature the P99 for $500+. When I bought mine a little over 2 years ago only one store carried it, Galyans, and they sold it for $540.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought mine and i paid $666.15 OTD. That incuded the $50 of state paperwork and the 7.75% sales tax. So that means 575$ or so for the gun. I don't feel too ripped off because this is a very hard area for a gun shop (SoCal + collage town + super liberal) and it was his last p99.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
congrats.... enjoy the gun....
sucks that you have to pay $50 just for the paperwork....

·
Registered
160 Posts
Don't compare the P99 price to an XD.  When XD's first came out they were below $500 and they have steadily increased in price since.

I bought my P99 out the door for $600 so about $525.  That was 1.5 years ago and just figuring inflation of 4% a year the $569 should be about right.  My income hasn't increased at 4% a year though.
 Notice I didn't say I got a 'great' deal...more like an average deal.

Note that Glocks in the 90's (as I heard but I bet that is wrong) were about or just under $500 bucks...which isn't that much different than they are now.  

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recently ordered a P99 A/S from my local gun shop. It cost me $569

Sportsman's Warehouse had them for $550.

But has been said earlier, I like supporting the locals. Plus, my gun shop guy threw in a box of ammo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (backSLIDER @ Dec. 02 2006,10:46)]I just bought mine and i paid $666.15 OTD. That incuded the $50 of state paperwork and the 7.75% sales tax. So that means 575$ or so for the gun. I don't feel too ripped off because this is a very hard area for a gun shop (SoCal +  collage town + super liberal) and it was his last p99.
Ouch!  50 bucks for state paperwork?    

Texas has no fee, and a one page form that takes about 2 minutes for the gunshop person to call in with your information to for the background check.  Even less when you whip out your CHL.  I bought my last gun in about 10 minutes in and out the door.

Oh, sorry back on topic - our Sportsman's Warehouse had the P99 in 40 cal for 549.00 with 2 hi cap mags. Add 8.25% tax, so 590-ish OTD.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought my P99 about 9 months ago at a Dayton, Ohio gun show. The seller had it marked at $569 and then he bad mouthed it and tried to sell me a glock instead. So I looked at the glock and floated around the show looking for another seller with a P99. No one else had one so I came back to him and started negotiating a better price for this flawed piece of hardware. It took me a while but I got him to knock off $20 bucks on a cash only transaction. Not a bad deal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all of your replies, fellas.

I went back to Bass Pro and their P99 had gone up to $619.00. A&P Arms in Hampton didn't have any P99s (those A&P guys only seem to like ugly guns and bad-mouthed the ones I was interested in--not good for future sales, huh?).

Anyway, I had already decided for mainly aesthetic reasons, my next gun would be the Beretta 92FS. Got it for $549 + tax.

The P99 got pushed back to third on my list--but, at over $600, it may stay pushed back, for a good while, at least.

I am going to haunt a gun show the next chance I get.

We don't have too many choices for hangun purchases around here unless you're willing to travel to Va. Beach--traffic ain't worth it, though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just to add to the thread, my new '06 P99 AS was $616 out the door; $515 wholesale, $42 in taxes, and $59 to the dealer.

(College graduation present to myself)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts