Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Wow, nice pics- I think that is about the most realistic olive drab picture I've seen. Very true to life.

Dr. How is the consistancy of the importer markings from one P99 .40 to the others you have?

Mine is laser etched but raised. Never got refinished after etching according to Earl. I kinda like it- makes it unique.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One of my P99s is a Euro one with no importer markings on the slide. My others have the laser-etched importer markings on the right-front flat of the slide. You can see them if you go to my wallpaper page.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yes, I did look at the site -nice pics.  The laser etching (smith and wesson) on mine is rough to the feel, not smooth.  It's actually raised a bit from the process.  I think it is somewhat original as all the others I have seen are like yours.  There is actually no white coloring in mine either.  Just an observation.

edit: the "Walther P99" on mine is laser etched as well. It's an all German made AC with a solid locking block.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I thought the first 5000 to 6000 or so had the split triggers. Yours is a 4000 series? Pic of trigger looks like it has the split gap too?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine definitely don't have the split trigger. In fact, I have never seen a good photo of the split trigger.

The photos above are of one of my .40 Auto P99s, and all .40 Auto P99s have "4" as the first digit of the six-digit serial number. I used Photoshop to obliterate/erase the last two digits of my serial number (I guess it worked so well, especially on the barrel hood, that it looks like those digits were never there).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well maybe mine isn't a split after all? Looks just like yours. I'll try to take a macro shot w/ flash and post it.
Why hide the serial number? I've noticed most don't publish their complete numbers.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The triggers are different. I hope these photos posted. I can't see them from home. Every time my DSL router see a reference to my domain name from inside the firewall it thinks I'm trying to access its admin pages from the LAN. References from outside the firewall are correctly routed to the http port on my freeBSD box.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you mind if I use a couple of these photos in the Walther P99 FAQ, in the section that mentioned the split trigger? The photo that we have there now could use a replacement, such as showing both sides. Also, what is the two-letter datecode on the right side of the frame, right under the accessory rail? The photos don't have enough resolution to make out.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I didn't realize it until now (thanks to /dev/null's pictures), that the split trigger configuration also has less of a hook or curve in its contour than the non-split trigger.  Additionally, it appears that the bottom of the split trigger is further away from the triggerguard than my two P99s (non-split)...very interesting.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm sitting here comparing my OD Green P99 .40 to the photo. Mine does not have the German insignia on the back of the slide and the Walther P99 is in gold lazer print not deeper stamped style of the beauty in the photo.
Ren

1 - 20 of 25 Posts