Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Are they serial numbered?
If so, then you might have some trouble getting them past the ATF here in the US.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
So how much for the OD frame. I looked on your web site and the picture shows this as part # 29, but your price list shows a letter guid to the part numbers. (ex: aa or ab, etc)

Thanks

·
Registered
411 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (vertriebkaehny @ May 24 2004,9:39)]Hi!
No, Walther / Germany sell these without any reg number.
It´s only the plastic grip part.
Could you show a picture of the rear area where the serial number is usually placed?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Thanks for the pics.
I'm not sure about the legality of a non-serial numbered receiver here in the US.
The receiver is what the ATF considers to be the actual firearm.
Anyone else know about the legality?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi!.
Please go to the P22 part of that forum.
There has a person the same thoughts about the P22 grips.
He wrote the ATF and the answer is a green light, no FFL

·
Registered
356 Posts
As nice as it would be to be able to buy P99 frames, to do so would violate US law, unless it bears a serial number, and the transaction is conducted through a licensed dealer. The construction of the P22 frame is wildy different from that of the P99. The P99 does not have any sort of insert that bears a serial number that could be considered the *real* frame. Knowing this distinction is certainly prudent.

For example, if you were to live in a country whose laws don't consider the frame to be the firearm, such as South Africa, there would be no problem buying these P99 frames. In South Africa, however, the barrel is considered the firearm, and has simiilar restrictions like frames in the US (must bear a serial number, and so on).

·
Registered
411 Posts
Lunde, I thought that was the case.
That is why I requested a pic of the serial number area.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts