Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had issues with Fiocchi 170 GR .40? I shot a mix of about 100 rounds Winchester and PMC without issue, and as soon as the Fiocchi was in, it stopped feeding properly. I even had consistent feed failures dropping the slide on a clip with 5 to 8 rounds in. I don't think it was form, as the first 100 fed fine, but the second 100 rounds with Fiocchi were miserable. I returned the remaining 50 rounds to the range.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Generally speaking, Fiocchi is fine. I have thousands of Fiocchi manufactured .40 S&W FMJTC 170 gr rounds through my P99 QA without trouble. That said, every so often a company makes a bad batch of ammo. Over the years, I've been unlucky enough to get bad ammo from several major companies. So far it has only been bad primers (failure to ignite) or charges that are too weak to reliably cycle the action.

I do know Fiocchi had a bad run of 9mm a while ago that was recalled. I had two boxes of the recalled 9mm. It did not damage the pistols but it was not powerful enough to cycle the action. -Perhaps you ran into a bad batch of .40 S&W.

·
Registered
28 Posts
DJ,

I've shot Fiocchi in my Sigs with no problems, but I know the M&P's hate em. It may be the same with the P99. Something about the shape of the bullet at I recall.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I shoot a lot of that particular Fiocchi load in my S&W99. No problems, ever. I like the load. Velocity is high. Have you tried it in different mags? The truncated cone bullet shape, in my experience, feeds like ball.

Out West

1 - 4 of 4 Posts