Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm new to this forum, and I'm planning on purchasing a Walther P99 AS, if I can find one. However, before I do purchase this gun. Is there anything I should know about this pistol. Such as, year of manufacture that I should avoid. Also, are the newer P99 100% German made and what is the going rate for a P99?

Thanks

WPM

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
All years of manufacture are equaly good....I yet have to hear about a bad P99....

the "100% German made" is a hard question to answer... depending on who you ask....
I say the P99 is all German made.. .it has the German proof markings on it... they have nothing to do with Walther itself... the "eagle over N" and the antler are both proof-marks that are also used with H&K guns....
there is a slight difference in the Euro P99.... the rear sight is metal and doesn't have the 2 dot design....
there has been a batch of P99's that had the slides and barrels made by S&W ... however those were in .40S&W and are easily picked out due to the SS barrel and slide .....

other than that.. here is a page for you to read some more about the P99.... and also read this forum.. there is a lot of info to be found here....

P99 FAQ link

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Uncut for that website, it was very helpful. Also could you tell me where there's a good source for factory mags at a reseasonable price.

Thanks again,

WPM

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Well factory mags......

Sportsman warehouse.... if you have one close $25 for 15 round 9mm factory one....
other than that... look around... I have not looked in a while... I am sure other members will chime in...

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I've also found Sportsman's Warehouse to have the best price. Sometimes CDNN will run specials on them that beat everybody.

www.cdnninvestments.com

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Yes, I just looked - it does not say "factory" - it is an aftermarket mag - I would avoid it if I were U. U will see the factory 9mm mag next to it.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
ummmm
the cheaper one of the 2 is not a factory one.... most likely a promag junk POS..... sorry, but unless you don't care for using those mags at the range and dont mind clearing jams while you there, I would stay away from waisting the cash on those....but that is just MHO

while I posted I looked on CDNN... I didn't see any 9mm factory Walther mags in 15/16 round ... only 10 rounders for like $20
keep in mind though that you also can use the S&W SW99 mags for your P99....
CDNN has 9mm 16 rounders SW99 mags for $39 which is still more than the P99 mags at Sportsman warehouse....
and if my brain is not failing me the .40S&W mags at sportsman warehouse are $35... but I might be wrong....

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Yes, those 8.99 mags are aftermarket from U.S.A. Magazines. I'm not sure about the quality of those, but I doubt there up to Mec-Gar standards. Like other's have said, ProMags are junk. Sometimes you'll get one to work.

I just look at CDNN every once in a while, because they do run specials on the mags now and then. One time I picked up 16 rounders for $20.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
they don't do online sales.....
you have to find one near you and go to the store...
they won't even special order them... so you have to buy what's there and then go back later when they restock... at least that is how it is here in Utah.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was hoping one of the many Walther experts could help me out.

I am looking to buy a Walther P99 A/S in 9mm. The exact variant I am looking for is the one with the newer, extended magazine release lever. I will be buying online and having the gun shipped to my local FFL. This will be my first ever firearm purchase.

I have two main questions:

1) If someone who owns a P99 AS in 9mm with the extended mag release could check their box, does it say WAP77000 anywhere on it? Some vendors I have found online only list this code for the P99's they have in stock and I want to make sure that if I order one it has the extended mag release.

2) Does the free magazine promotion apply to firearms purchased online and picked up at a local FFL?

Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
^^^

I'd like the answer to question #1 as well.

For #2

http://www.waltheramerica.com/images/walther_P99_Coupon.pdf

That's the application for it. Only states a few things along the lines of Serial #, Model, Dealer info, etc. I assume you'd just apply with it from whoever you bought it from (whatever FFL shipped it to ya.)

I'm in the same boat as you. The P99 will be my first purchase of a firearm ever, and it'll be online and shipped.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
When I bought my G22 .. they had a offer for a free "tactical bag" with the purchase.....

you fill in the info from the FFL that ships you the gun..and off it goes...... send it in and get the mag and loader for your P99

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Well I got the answer for question 1

I have a 2004 P99/AS in 9mm with short mag release..... guess what it is also WAP77000
so don't go by that....... ask the seller how long the mag release is.... ..

WAWAP77000FC  WAL P99AS 9MM 4" BL 2-10RD
WAWAP77003FC  WAL P99QA 9MM 4" MIL BL 2-10RD
WAWAP77010FC  WAL P99AS 9MM 4" BL 2-15RD
WAWAP77013FC  WAL P99QA 9MM 4" BL 2-15RD
WAWAP77014FC  WAL P99QA 9MM 4" MIL BL 2-15RD WAWAP77022FC  WAL P99QA 9MM 4" BL 2-10RD
WAWAP78000FC  WAL P99AS 40S&W 4.125" BL 2-10RD
WAWAP78003FC  WAL P99QA 40S&W 4.125" MIL BL 2-10RD
WAWAP78011FC  WAL P99AS 40S&W 4.125" BL 2-12RD
WAWAP78013FC  WAL P99QA 40S&W 4.125" BL 2-12RD
WAWAP78014FC  WAL P99QA 40S&W 4.125" MIL BL 2-12RD
WAWAP78022FC  WAL P99QA 40S&W 4.125" BL 2-10RD
WAWAP78053FC  WAL P99QA 40S&W 4.125" TAN 2-12RD

the WAP7700 is a blue 9mm P99/AS with a 10 round mag ...WAP77010 is with 15 round......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah Uncut, thanks a million. I'll just e-mail them asking what kind of mag release it has.

Thanks man!

and holycrikey, nice to see another guy in the same boat. I've been renting a ton of different pistols to find the right one; after shooting the P99 there was no comparison

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
no problem ..... and there is never enough wealth of information.... but what I got I share.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts