Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our movie we made für the company Carl Walther is now available in our online shop www.cirocom-shop.de in PAL format. The movie was presented at the New York Filmfestival 2006 and also at the shortfilmcorner in Cannes 2006.

Law enforcement agencies all over the world set high standards for their service pistols. If a weapon is to be offered to the German police at all, then it must first pass one of the most demanding test programs anywhere. WALTHER's program is based on the testing and evaluation procedure used by the German Police.

As a special operations unit member and mission trainer, agent Lizard knows all about the reliability and precision built into the P99. To be sure that his colleagues all around the world can depend on the P99 unconditionally, Lizard and his team test the P99 under the most extreme and realistic conditions.

Highlights: high-speed film sequences in the normal course of action. In addition, one of the most spectacular scenes of all: a weapon is shot out of one person's hand in reality! All important details will shown very close in the "Making of". The test schedule comprises endurance testing, a drop test, and tests under adverse environmental conditions such as sand, mud, rain, and gruelling temperatures.

This test regimen also includes authentic mission simulations. WALTHER not only passes these tests with the P99, but exceeds its benchmarks and beats the competition in the process. The P99 is the latest example of WALTHER quality and innovation. Contrary to mostly rather unspectacular short films, Cirocom films are not only unique and informative, but also entertaining - last but not least, after watching the movie the owner of a Walther P99 knows that he can rely upon his weapon in every situation. "Only the best for the best"!

The Cirocom group is the authorized dealer for the action movie by courtesy of the company Carl Walther GmbH. For retailer offer please contact us [email protected] If we receive more than 500 preorders we will offer also a NTSC version for US.

Thank you! Take care, Michael

My Webpage

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Only way U could play it is on your computer - assuming the software lets U rotate the regions - and if U do this, then U can only do it a limited time before U get stuck...

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have this movie. It's been around awhile. It's short, less than half an hour I think. Some nice footage of the P99. Some of the dvd is kinda cool, some of it is really cheesy. I picked this up off Ebay for around $10 if I remember right. Worth seeing if you're a diehard Walther fan. I wouldn't spend a ton on it though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it's true. At we moment only a PAL version is available. But if we receive enough requests for NTSC version we would produce this.
The one you have won at ebay is the low level exhibition version not the extended version. You didn't get this DVD in a DVD Single box.
For any questions don't hesitate to contact us directly at [email protected]

Take care, Michael

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hello,
Can you give more details about what exactly is in the Special Edition you offer vs. the Exhibition Edition (NTSC, "Item-No. 270 81 16") that Walther was giving away at the SHOT Show in the USA?

Thanks!

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'd like to know what new features are on this dvd as well. Enough new cool Walther stuff and I could see myself purchasing another copy at a reasonable price (NTSC).

·
Registered
9 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (zenner22 @ Aug. 18 2006,8:38)]I'd like to know what new features are on this dvd as well. Enough new cool Walther stuff and I could see myself purchasing another copy at a reasonable price (NTSC).
Check out the original Walther DE page or Google's translation

There are also some interesting photos on Cirocom's Shot Show 2006 page.

I contacted Cirocom a few weeks back when I found this link, and got an immediate reply.  Michael has been extraordinarily responsive and helpful in setting this up for US ordering, despite the PAL limitations.  Like he said, if there was sufficient interest they could make a run in NTSC.  With some of the attitudes I've seen here, plus the fact WaltherUSA customer service doesn't even know this DVD exists, I doubt this will happen.  I appreciate his support and responded in kind with a order for a PAL version since I can run these on my pc anyway.

"P99 - Special Operations Law enforcement agencies all over the world set high standards for their service pistols. If a weapon is to be offered to the German police at all, then it must first pass one of the most demanding test programs anywhere. WALTHER’s program is based on the testing and evaluation procedure used by the German Police. As a special operations unit member and mission trainer, agent Lizard knows all about the reliability and precision built into the P99. To be sure that his colleagues all around the world can depend on the P99 unconditionally, Lizard and his team test the P99 under the most extreme and realistic conditions. Highlights: high-speed film sequences in the normal course of action. In addition, one of the most spectacular scenes of all: a weapon is shot out of one person’s hand in reality! All important details will shown very close in the “Making of”. The test schedule comprises endurance testing, a drop test, and tests under adverse environmental conditions such as sand, mud, rain, and gruelling temperatures. This test regimen also includes authentic mission simulations. WALTHER not only passes these tests with the P99, but exceeds its benchmarks and beats the competition in the process. The P99 is the latest example of WALTHER quality and innovation. Contrary to mostly rather unspectacular short films, Cirocom films are not only unique and informative, but also entertaining - last but not least, after watching the movie the owner of a Walther P99 knows that he can rely upon his weapon in every situation– Only the best for the best…

- Actionfilm as directors cut in Dolby 5.1 and a complete Documentation of all spectacular scenes in the film: Livefire shoot, Test under water, in sand, mud and ice. Also a documentation about a high fall test."

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Just in case some don't read the other forums here is a reply concerning police trials and the P99 straight from a Walther rep in Germany.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Like the U.S. Germany consists of different states. Germany got 16 states.
The system of purchasing guns for the Police is different from your system. German Police departments will not buy pistols individually. If the Police buy new equipment then it is always per state. For example in Bavaria (Munich is the capital city of Bavaria) the Police carries the H&K P7.
In Baden Württemberg (where both companies H&K and Walther are) the Police used to carry the P5, but 2 or 3 years ago they changed to H&K P2000.
Basically the German states carry either SIG Sauer, H&K or Walther.

Normally once a new model is bought the Police stays with it for a long time. So right now you will still find P5, P6 (= P225) and P7. So they have been in use for more than 25 years.

If one of the states of Germany decides to by a new pistol, they can not just by any pistol on the market. The pistol needs to comply with the specifications of the German Police. These specifications are federal. All states have to follow it.
So the new gun needs to comply with the specifications and it got to be tested according to the test specs of the German Police.
So far only H&K P2000, P30 and Walther P99 AS and P99 DAO Full Size and Compact passed this test.

One state (Rheinland Pfalz) still carries the P5, and Nordrhein Westfalen just introduced the P99 DAO (40,000 pieces).

Kind regards,
Peter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts